North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Southeast Massachusetts > South Shore (Massachusetts) > Kingston (Massachusetts)
Kingston's main access by car is via Route 3, Exits 8, 9 and 10. Other state routes are Routes 3A, 27, 80, and 106.
From South Station in Boston, take the Plymouth/Kingston line of the MBTA  Commuter Rail. The Kingston station is located at 194 Marion Drive, near exit 8 and the Independence Mall. Parking is $2 per day, and the regular fare from Boston is $7.75 each way. MBTA Commuter rail schedule: .
Traveling by car is relatively easy here, though be prepared for a bumpy ride on some older back roads. Easy highway access makes trips across town even faster, and most roads aren't overly crowded or backed up with traffic. Some exceptions are: Main Street near Exit 9 at the beginning and end of the elementary school day, the Independence Mall Way/Exit 8 area, Pembroke Street/Route 27 between Lake Street and Wapping Road at the beginning and end of the high school day, and Summer Street/Route 3A between exits 8 and 9.
Parking is convenient to most commercial and residential districts at most times, and is nearly always free.
The Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority provides public transportation in town via the Plymouth Area Link bus routes. Regular fare is $1 and buses run every day.
Nearby Plymouth steals the show for things to see and do, but Kingston has a charming typical New England town center with big old houses and white church steeples.
- South Shore Folk Music Club, 222 Main St (Beal House), ☏ . Supports traditional and contemporary folk and acoustic music on the South Shore.
- Independence Mall, 101 Independence Mall Way (off exit 8 from Route 3), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9:30, Su 11AM-6PM. Regional mall with Macy's, Target, many small shops, Pizzeria Uno and a 12-theatre cinema.
Along Main Street (Rt. 3A) is Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Charlie Horse Restaurant, 99 Main St, ☏ . (Rt 3A). Solid family restaurant with billiards and sports on the tubes.
- Paisano's Restaurante, 6 Pembroke St, ☏ . Italian. Good food, good value.
- Charlie Horse Restaurant, 99 Main St, ☏ . Sports Bar. Very casual, good value.
- Solstice, 63 Summer St, ☏ . Nice atmosphere and great cooking in this reclaimed train station. Expensive, but worth the splurge.
Bed and breakfast
- Inn At Plymouth Bay, 149 Main Street (just off Route 3 at exit 9), ☏ .
- 1760 Peabody Bradford Homestead, 6 River Street, ☏ . 3 rooms.
|Routes through Kingston|
|Boston ← Duxbury ←||N S||→ Plymouth → Bourne|
|Providence ← Carver ←||W E||→ Plymouth → Ends at|
|Boston ← Duxbury ←||N S||→ Plymouth → Ends at|
|Quincy ← Duxbury ←||N S||→ END|
|Foxborough ← Plympton ←||W E||→ END|
|Boston ← Halifax ←||NW SE||→ END|