Kwali is an area council in Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, North Central Nigeria. One of the major occupation of its inhabitants is pottery.
- 1 Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport (ABV IATA). International flights to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport are offered by several airlines, notably, Lufthansa, KLM, and British Airways. Many visitors fly through connecting flights from Lagos.
While the industry is being overhauled and aviation safety is being upgraded, only a few local airlines are reliable: AeroContractors, Arik Air, Air Peace and Dana Air. The quasi-government-owned Arik Air has frequent flights from many domestic locations. Air Peace and Dana Air are private airlines but operate quite a few routes into Abuja as well.
From the airport, you are best advised to take the official Green Cab. Board the cab with only people you know. Uber operates here as well. The Abuja light rail system connects the airport with the city center. Bolt (formerly Taxify) also operates extensively within the city and off-rides to and fro the airport. The airport is quite a distance from the main city. There are also private shuttle services offered to customers in the city. So once you get into Abuja through this route, then you can get into Kwali from the airport by using either the cabs or car transport services like Uber or Bolt
You can get into Kwali by bus from major cities like Lagos, Benin, Kano and Port Harcourt. Reliable services are available to bring you into Kwali, such as: ABC Transport (with air-conditioned luxurious bus rides), Ekene Dili Chukwu, Chisco Transport (CTN), Young Shall Grow and God is good motors. It is advisable to take day trip buses from wherever you are coming from in the country. This is because the interstate roads have most part of them unmaintained and full of potholes. And also the issue of being attacked by robbers by night. If you're unfamiliar with the country, endeavor to take a bus with an escort. Buses allow you to appreciate the terrain, the towns and cities, and the subtle changes in these and culture as you drive towards the capital either from the South or the North. After getting into Kwali, there are cabs around by which you can get around with.
Nigeria Railway Corporation has completed an inter-city line between Abuja and Kaduna, where you can connect with the rest of the Nigerian rail system. Trains arrive and depart from 2 Idu Station which is about 15 km west of the city centre. As of 2018, there are four daily departures in each direction. The train service offers three types of fares as Economy, First Class, and Sleeper. The schedules and current fairs can be found on the Nigeria Railway Corporation website. It is a very comfortable mode of travelling.
- Mama Ola Variety Store, ☏ +234 813 041 3450. M-Sa 9AM-10PM.
- M C Group Of Stores, Mallam Ismaila's Residence, Kwali, ☏ +234 803 611 6395. M-Sa 8AM-6PM.
- Umaimah Cakes and Surprises, Bako Kwali, Abuja, ☏ +234 809 380 6767. 24 hours.
- Kwali Main Market, express way, Kwali market Abuja. M-Sa 7AM-7PM.
- Wazobia Provision Store.
- Papillion Restaurant. M-Sa 7AM-11PM.
- Obudu Grill, ☏ +234 807 409 0972.
- Luigi's Restaurant, Sheraton Hotel, Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Ladi Kwali Way Abuja, ☏ +234 09 461 2000. M-Sa noon-11PM.
- Kuk's Delight, Off ladi Kwali St, zone 4 Abuja, ☏ +234 815 215 0944. M-Sa 10AM-10PM.
- Saucevillé, : Plot 2339 ladi Kwali Abuja, ☏ +234 810 127 3339. M-Sa 9AM-6PM.
- Icon hotel, ☏ +234 902 525 5722. 24 hours.
- Lobby Bar, 1 ladi Kwali Abuja, ☏ +234 09 461 2000. M-Sa 8AM-11PM.
- Unique Choice Resort Annexe, Kamo Hotel Road, Kwali. ₦8000.
- PrimeRose Hotel, ☏ +234 909 838 5653. ₦7500.