- “A haw haw haw haw” — ZZ Top – La Grange
U.S. Highway 77 runs north-south through La Grange, offering an easy way in from southern points such as Corpus Christi and Brownsville, and from the north via Interstate 35 at Waco. From Austin, La Grange is about a 65-mile drive east on Texas State Route 71. Either Highway 77 or 71 can be used to access La Grange from Interstate 10 running between San Antonio and Houston about 15 miles south of La Grange.
- 1 Texas Quilt Museum, 140 West Colorado, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Th-Sa 10AM-4PM, Su noon-4PM. $8.
- Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center, 250 W Fair Grounds Rd. Sentiments regarding Czech ancestry here. Tel: +1 888-785-4500. Tu-F 10AM-4PM, Sa 10AM-3PM.
- 2 Kreische Brewery & Monument Hill State Historic Sites, ☏ . Daily 8AM-4:30PM. These are ruins of a brewery owned by German immigrant Heinrich Ludwig Kreische along with his tomb overlooking the town and kind of a cool place to check out. Also there's a monument to the failed Mier Expedition (basically a startup event of the burgeoning Stephen F Austin colony as it was toying with a means to independence that really turned sour - as in no survivors).
- 1 Bistro 108, 108 S. Main St, ☏ , email@example.com. Lunch: Tu–Sa 11AM–2PM; Dinner: Th–Sa 5PM–9PM; Sunday Brunch: 10AM–2PM. High end surf-and-turf with a long and varied wine menu. Expect $20–50 per person plus tip.
- 1 Best Western Plus, 600 E State Highway 71 Bypass, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Cottonwood Inn, 1494 W Travis St., ☏ , fax: .
- 3 Hampton Inn, 1624 W State Hwy 71, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 4 The Oak Motel, 227 S Jefferson St, ☏ .
|Routes through La Grange|
|Waco ← Cameron ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Schulenburg → Corpus Christi|
|Austin ← Bastrop ←||W E||→ Jct W E → Jct S N → Jct S N|