Maryville is a large city in Blount County, Eastern Tennessee.
Maryville is a beautiful and historic city located at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. It was distinctively abolitionist and pro-Union during the Civil War on account of the presence of the Society of Friends. Maryville has many beautiful parks and historic houses and an unbelievable view of the Great Smoky Mountains.
The nearest commercial airport is McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS IATA) which lies a few miles north in adjacent Alcoa.
Coming from the north, the Pellissippi Parkway connects West Knoxville with Maryville and US 129/Alcoa Hwy (Airport Hwy) connects it with downtown "Knoxville. There are also many other smaller highways that connect the two cities.
- Sam Houston Schoolhouse, 3650 Old Sam Houston School Rd. Where Sam Houston taught school from 1811-12 before embarking on adventures that would lead him to become father of the Texas Republic.
- Springbrook Pool, 636 Vose Rd, Alcoa. City pool.
- Walks along Bicentennial Park, a downtown greenbelt with a lagoon.
- The Palace Theatre, 113 W Broadway Ave. Vintage cinema.
- Maryville College
- 1 Foothills Mall, 197 Foothills Mall, ☏ +1 865 982-3613. M-Sa 11AM-7PM, Su noon-6PM.
Maryville has many restaurants for any budget.
- Aubrey's, 909 W Lamar Alexander Pkwy, ☏ +1 865-379-8800. Hearty dishes and beer.
- El Sazan, 2650 Alcoa Hwy, Alcoa, ☏ +1 865-681-8100. Mexican like taco salad.
- Foothill's Milling Co., 315 S Washington St, ☏ +1 865-977-8434. Fine-dining type of place.
- 1 RT Lodge, 1406 Wilkinson Pike (Just south of Maryville College.), ☏ +1-865-981-9800. This lodge can be reserved for large upscale dinners, such as wedding receptions. There are several buildings, and each has several rooms -- a lounge area for appetizers and drinks, and a dining room for eating. Reservations required.
- Blount County Library, 508 N Cusick St.
|Routes through Maryville|
|Ends at ← Knoxville ←||N S||→ Robbinsville → Gainesville|
|Ends at ← Lenoir City ←||S N||→ Pigeon Forge → Newport|
|Newport ← Sevierville ←||N S||→ Ocoee → Rome|