North America > United States of America > Midwest > Ohio > Northeast Ohio > Canton-Massillion Metropolitan Area > North CantonJump to navigation Jump to search
North Canton was originally called New Berlin, but, due to anti-German attitudes after WWI, the name was changed in 1918.
- 1 Akron-Canton Regional Airport (CAK IATA). Located on the north end of Stark County in North Canton
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, CLE IATA. A hub for United Airlines, the Cleveland Airport, combined with an approximately one-hour drive is a convenient means to visit North Canton.
- Interstate 77. North Canton can be accessed primarily by I-77 which provides connection to Akron and Cleveland to the north, runs through Canton, New Philadelphia and Marietta, Ohio to the south, ultimately running its course through West Virginia and the Carolinas.
- Cleveland Ave. (Main St in North Canton) runs North to South through the heart of the city. Connects to Canton in the south and Uniontown/ Akron in the north.
- Market St. runs North to South on the east border of North Canton. Connects to Canton in the south and combines with St Rte 43 into Hartville in the north.
- Stark County Regional Transit Authority (SARTA), ☏ . SARTA provides reliable public bus service throughout Stark County. Transfer Centers are located in: Alliance, Massillon, and Canton. There is a bus to the Akron/Canton Airport (Route 115) and an express bus between Canton and Downtown Akron (Route 81). Buses on main routes generally depart each stop every hour. SARTA buses run 365 days per year. On Holidays, buses run the Sunday schedule. Check website for details. Additionally, Lakefront Lines, a private bus company, operates an office in SARTA's Canton Transfer Center. Lakefront Lines goes through Canton on its route between Cleveland and Charleston, SC. $1.15 Regular fare/ .50 Reduced fare (Seniors, Disabled)(buy in advance at trsansfer stations)/ Children under 6 ride free.
- Lamry Limousine & Concierge Services, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ Sales@lamry.com.
- 1 [dead link] Hoover Historical Center, 1875 East Maple St, ☏ . North Canton, Located on the campus of Walsh University, the Hoover Historical center provides history, contributions and legacy of the Hoover vacuum cleaner.
- 2 Walsh University, 2020 E Maple St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 3 Kent State University at Stark, 6000 Frank Avenue NW, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 MAPS Air Museum, 2260 International Pkwy, ☏ . An aviation museum.
- North Canton Playhouse, 525 7th St NE, ☏ .
- [dead link] Harry London Chocolates, 5353 Lauby Rd, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Tour times: M-F 10AM-3PM.. Guided tours of the chocolate factory, just outside of Akron/Canton Regional Airport. Tour lasts approximately 45 minutes. Reservations required. $3/2/Free (Adults/Children/Children under 2)..
- Grand Slam USA, 5656 Dressler Rd. NW. Su: Noon-10PM, M-Th: 10AM-10PM, F: 10AM-11PM, SA: 8AM-11PM. Family entertainment center with basketball courts, volleyball courts, batting cages, video games, birthday parties, miniature golf, baseball and softball lessons.
- 1 The Strip, Strip Ave NW (In Jackson township on the west border of North Canton off Exit 111 on Interstate 77). Many retail stores and restaurants.
- 2 Westfield Belden Village Mall, 4230 Belden Village Mall Cir NW (Jackson Township at the southwest border of North Canton off Interstate 77), ☏ . More than 100 national and specialty retailers and restaurants.
- Cheese N Crackers Deli, 1430 W Maple St, ☏ . Small deli that serves sandwiches and soup.
- Geisen Haus, 6955 Promway Ave NW, ☏ . The Geisen Haus serves authentic German food in a sports bar type atmosphere. If it's your birthday you can get a huge stein of beer for $1.
- Leno's Family Restaurant, 2494 Easton St NE (Easton and Middlebranch), ☏ . Family style restaurant that offers all-you-can-eat spaghetti and pizza for cheap on Tuesdays.
- Palombo's Italian Restaurant & Lounge, 4100 Portage St NW, ☏ .
- 356 Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mount Pleasant St NW, ☏ , fax: . Located near the Akron-Canton Airport, you can watch planes taking off and landing while you eat. Also has great brunches on Sundays. Dinners $15-25.
- 91 Wood Fired Oven, 1983 E Maple St (Washington square plaza), ☏ . Dinners $15-25.
- Legends Sports Bar & Grille, 3199 Whitewood St NW, ☏ .
- Panini's Bar & Grille, 5252 Dressler Rd NW, ☏ .
- Fox & Hound Pub & Grille, 4770 Everhard Rd NW, ☏ .
- Best Western North Canton, 6889 Sunset Strip Ave, ☏ . Non-smoking hotel near Pro Football Hall of Fame Akron-Canton Regional Airport that features free continental breakfast and indoor pool.
- Cambria Suites, 1787 Thorn Dr, ☏ . Less than five minutes from the Akron/Canton Airport.
- Microtel Inn & Suites, 7046 Sunset Strip Ave NW, ☏ . Weekdays: $59-69/night; Weekdays: $69-79/night.
- Motel 6, 6880 Sunset Strip Ave NW, ☏ . $35-40/night.
- Harleigh Inn, 500 N Main St, ☏ .
|Routes through North Canton|
|Akron ← Green ←||N S||→ Canton → Charleston|
|Kent ← Hartville ←||N S||→ Canton → Steubenville|