Portstewart is a scenic town in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Portstewart has been taken over by apartment developments like many seaside towns in the past. However it retains a family-orientated place.
Buses from Coleraine, the closest rail connections.
- 1 Portstewart Strand. The fabulous, two-mile-long beach, which has been the most popular attraction of Portstewart to holiday-makers for generations. The beach has magnificent golden sands and impressive sand dunes. The beach finishes at the barmouth of the river Bann overlooking Castlerock. It is one of the most popular National Trust properties in the United Kingdom. It closed to cars after 20:00.
- 2 Flowerfield Arts Centre, 185 Coleraine Rd., ☏ . An excellent resource with ongoing art exhibitions, craft displays and resident artists. A fantastic park land provides a play area and plenty of space for kids.
- 1 Portstewart Golf Club. The town is home to three golf courses (under one club), made lively by the forceful Atlantic Ocean wind, which continually pushes over the whole town. The strand course is an exhilarating golf course, set amidst imposing, gigantic sand dunes with panoramic views across the Atlantic mouth of Lough Foyle to the Inishowen peninsula of County Donegal beyond. The front nine is among the best anywhere, and the first hole is in a class by itself. In fact it is often stated that Portstewart strand has the best opening hole in Irish golf. Wonderfully situated between a gorgeous stretch of Atlantic beach and the River Bann, Portstewart strand golf course offers links golf at its thrilling and scenic best.
- Northwest 200 is a motorbike race held in May on a triangular on-road circuit between Coleraine, Portrush and Portstewart. The 2020 and 2021 races were cancelled so the next is expected to be 8-14 May 2022, tbc.
- Roughans Coffee Shop, on the Promenade, ☏ .
- Morelli's, on the Promenade, ☏ .
- Bentley's Bakery Cafe, on the Promenade, ☏ .
- Cromore Halt Guest Inn, 158 Station Road, ☏ .
- Amici Restaurant, Portmore Rd BT55 7DA, ☏ . M-Th 12:00-14:30, 17:00-20:30 F Sa 12:00-14:30, 17:00-22:30, Su 12:00-20:30. Popular Italian restaurant with sea views.
- Fast food includes: Superfry, Xpress Pizzas and Kebabs, Sun Po Chinese Take-Away.
- The Anchor Bar (Skippers). Very popular with students. September-May.
- Villa (formerly Shenanigan's) (previously named Bar7). Bar and restaurant at the top of the Promenade.
- The Ice House (at the bottom of the Promenade). Bar and restaurant (temporarily closed).
- Cromore Halt, Cromore Road (next to Trolan's SuperValu).
- Portstewart Arms, Coleraine Road.
- Havana Nite Club. Part of Shenanigans.
- Club Aura. Part of the Anchor Complex. Very popular with students. September-May.
- The York, 2 Station Road.
- 1 Meadowpark Lodge, 3 Meadow Park, ☏ . B&B
- 2 The York, 2 Station Rd BT55 7DA, ☏ . Modern oceanfront hotel in town centre. B&B double £130.
- Lots more accommodation in Portrush 3 miles east.