The best way to enter is by car, roads from the A66, A1 and the Yorkshire Dales all suffice. Arriva Bus services from Darlington are regular but not the cheapest way to get in, less regular bus services also come from the Dales, but again are quite expensive. Unfortunately, the train station closed long ago, so the nearest Train Station is Darlington. The nearest airport is Durham Tees Valley.
Richmond can be walked around easily by foot, parking in the market place can be tough sometimes, the weekly Saturday market prevents parking in the morning.
- 1 Richmond Castle, Riverside Road, DL10 4QW, ☎ . adults £4.80, children £2.90, concessions £4.30.
- The River Swale, spectacular in fast flow.
- Easby Abbey a nice walk from Richmond, also accessible by car, about a mile away.
- 2 Middleham Castle, Castle Hill, Middleham, DL8 4QG (13 miles south of Richmond), ☎ . adults £4.50, children £2.70, concessions £4.10.
- Explore Richmond. Walk a trail through the town and its surroundings.
- Visit the Museums in Town, Green Howards and Richmondshire Museums provide interesting displays.
- Visit the Station, site of the old train station with a 2 screen cinema, a restaurant/cafe and local shops.
- The Kings Head Hotel. large hotel in the town centre
- Various Bed and Breakfasts dotted around the suburbs