Jump to navigation Jump to search
South Oyster Bay is the portion of the Town of Oyster Bay roughly south of the Long Island Expressway, in Nassau County, New York. Its most prominent communities are Hicksville, Plainview, Bethpage, Farmingdale, and Massapequa.
- 1 Bethpage State Park, 99 Quaker Meeting House Road, Farmingdale. 1477-acre park knwon for its five golf courses, including the Black Course
- 2 Hicksville Gregory Museum, 1 Heitz Place, ☎ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Tue-Fri: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM; Sat-Sun: 1 PM - 5 PM. Also called the Long Island Earth Science Center, this museum has hundreds of scientific specimens. Adults: $5, Children (4-14) and Seniors: $3, Free to Hicksville residents with proof of residence.
- 3 Old Bethpage Village Restoration, 1303 Round Swamp Road, Old Bethpage. A restored mid-19th-century Long Island farming village
- 4 Tobay Beach. Right next to the more-famous Jones Beach. Open to non-residents of the Town of Oyster Bay on weekdays only.
- 1 Broadway Mall, 358 Broadway Mall, Hicksville, ☎ . A regional shopping mall containing ~85 stores, a food court, and a movie theater
|Routes through South Oyster Bay|
|Manhattan ← Mineola ←||W E||→ Splits into Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma Branches|
|Merges with Main Line ←||W E||→ Oyster Bay → Port Jefferson|
|Merges with Main Line ←||W E||→ Bethpage → Greenport|