Formatting and language conventions
For articles about Burkina Faso, please use the 24-hour clock to show times, e.g. 09:00-12:00 and 18:00-00:00.
Please show prices in this format: CFA100, and not Fr 100 or 100CFA.
Please use American spelling.
Much of the information on the city pages was originally compiled by Angela Carpenter, a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer from Burkina, and is now updated by current Burkina PCVs.
- I'm guessing Angela was 184.108.40.206? If so, my hat's off to her for the great, lively writing! --(WT-en) Peter Talk 23:20, 21 February 2010 (EST)
Get In vs Get Around
It appears to me that the "Get In / By Car" section should rather be put in the "Get Around / By Car" section. Also, the "Get Around" section seems to relate more to "Get Out" than to "Get Around".
Since I really have no idea what to write here, I won't even start messing around, and will leave that to more competent people. But I would very much like for someone to write a "Get In / By Car" section. Since that's what I need.
Is a Carnet de Passage needed?
Could someone confirm (and include in the article under "Get In / By Car" section) whether you need a Carnet de Passage in order to bring your car into Burkina Faso? Wikipedia says it is helpful, but not required. ANd also, what do you need (to do) if you do not have a carnet? I do feel that it is a rather important information to have if you're planning on entering Burkina Faso by car.
Given its size and population, I think Burkina Faso should have about 4–5 regions. Going by this map, I'll propose:
- Southwest Burkina Faso or Black Volta region — the lushest and most culturally diverse region (Cascades, Hauts-Bassins, Sud-Ouest, Boucle du Mouhoun)
- Central Burkina Faso or Volta Delta — home to the mostly Christian Mossi and the capital (Centre-Ouest, Centre, Centre-Sud, Plateau Central)
- Northern Burkina Faso or Sahelian Burkina Faso — mostly muslim, Sahel, home to the Fulani and Tuareg populations of the country (Nord, Centre-Nord, Sahel)
- East Burkina Faso — like the north, arid, mostly Muslim (Est, Centre-Est)
I'm basing these divisions mostly on the following maps: ,,,, as well as numerous Wikipedia articles. Admitting my very limited knowledge of the country, if I were to divide further, it would probably be to subdivide either the Southwestern region or Central region I have defined above (or a combination of the two).
- The colors are wrong on the map. --(WT-en) globe-trotter 09:39, 4 August 2011 (EDT)
- Or perhaps wrong in the regionlist table? I have changed the regionlist colours to match to the map.--(WT-en) Burmesedays 09:56, 4 August 2011 (EDT)
- I didn't even think of that :P. Thanks. --(WT-en) globe-trotter 13:25, 4 August 2011 (EDT)