Move? request for comment
I would like to move this (from Cebu (island)) to Cebu Province, which is currently a redirect to this article.
The two are almost synonomous but the province includes things the island does not, notably parts of Metro Cebu such as Mactan Island with the fairly large city of Lapu Lapu on it, Olango Island, Bantayan Island and the Camotes Islands. Currently Mactan redirects to Cebu Island and Metro Cebu has it in the IsPartOf field. Both are wrong but hard to fix as long as Cebu Province is a redirect.
Comments? Pashley (talk) 03:42, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- Done, and some links corrected. Not sure I got them all. Pashley (talk) 08:52, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
Remark in general: When I visited Cebu for the very first time, I needed vaccinations/inoculations. I will name them here: - Revaxis (0,5 ml) - Havrix (1 ml) - Typherix (0,5 ml) Haighton (talk) 10:55, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
- In general, this should be handled at a higher level, e.g. Visayas or even Philippines, but sometimes we have some remarks at lower levels, e.g. see Dumaguete#Stay_healthy. Pashley (talk) 23:29, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks. So far on no Wiki page re Cebu or Philippines I saw a separate vaccines paragraph. I maybe could have been inserted/added to the 'Stay safe" area. Haighton (talk) 23:44, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
- I added Visayas#Stay_healthy. Pashley (talk) 00:04, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
Split into regions?
This province has a large population and fairly large area. The article currently lists about twelve cities and I think there are more that might be added. It seems like we should be thinking about carving it up a bit, creating regions.
Some regions seem obvious — Metro Cebu and the independent island groups Camotes Islands and Bantayan — but beyond that I have very little idea what the region division should be. Does anyone? Pashley (talk) 09:02, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
US issues travel warning for Southern Cebu. Worth a warning box here? Or perhaps in Central Visayas? I imagine the US government has rather good intelligence to base this warning on, but other targets look possible as well; in particular, Bohol & Negros both have lots of foreigners & are closer to Mindanao.
I passed through that area by bus recently & saw no problems. Maybe I was just lucky? Pashley (talk) 11:21, 27 November 2016 (UTC)
- In April this year, another warning for Cebu & Bohol. About that time, there were gunfights on Bohol between gov't forces & Muslim militants.
- Current US travel warnings cover Palawan and the Central Visayas as well as Mindanao, which has had warnings for years. Pashley (talk) 13:17, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- @Pashley: Per local news, the United Kingdom have just issued a travel advisory to southern Cebu after some suspected Abu Sayyaf/Islamic State members have entered that part of the province. I just added warning boxes on "Stay safe" and on Oslob, but, are they important here?--TagaSanPedroAko (talk) 23:34, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
Fixes needed, any volunteers?
There are a lot of things here that seem to be misplaced.
- Most of Cebu_Province#Get_around is about taxis & jeepneys in Cebu City. That does not belong in this article, except maybe for one sentence & a link to Metro_Cebu#Get_around.
- The See section has a lot of stuff, much of which I don't think belongs at province level. Also the "In Cebu City" subsection has the Lapu-Lapu statue which is not in Cebu City.
- The Do section includes a restaurant & other suggestions for eating.
At one point there were similar problems in several of the city articles; then I created a Metro Cebu article and fixed some of them. I almost certainly missed some things & I'm not likely to do more anytime soon.
Volunteers? Pashley (talk) 23:26, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
Magazine rates Cebu highly
Cebu and Visayas Islands named 'Top Island in Asia' by int'l travel magazine Pashley (talk) 21:51, 7 October 2020 (UTC)