To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.--ϒpsilon (talk) 17:44, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
- Welcome. Good to see more people editing Philippines articles.
- Any comment on these? Talk:Philippines#Province_or_island_articles, Talk:Philippines#Too_much_hierarchy.3F, Talk:Bisaya_phrasebook. Pashley (talk) 00:06, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry to forget your message. I helped on the Philippines guide by adding a subsection related to smoking. As a local user who contributes on my country's guide for others who may use it, I am familiar with smoking being common there, especially on men and because of low prices.--TagaSanPedroAko (talk) 09:54, 18 April 2016 (UTC)
Care to comment?
A little sorry.
Re: this edit:
"Municipality" means "city", to my knowledge. I guess it means something else in the Philippines, but how would a reader from another country know that? I'd encourage you to use a non-technical term to describe how the place would feel like to a visitor. Ikan Kekek (talk) 00:22, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Ikan Kekek: It can be considered a city for the traveler, but a municipality in the administrative sense. Los Baños has been very urbanized, somehow becoming like Calamba's extension, but I can still say it's a municipality. "Town" can be the best wording, but "city" is also agreeable, if the traveler's view come first. A better wording is "a resort and university town", given the hot springs and the University of the Philippines campus there. Hope this helps. --TagaSanPedroAko (talk) 00:26, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- The guiding principle of this site is the traveller comes first. This is a travel guide, not Wikipedia, where the arcane facts of administrative structures need to be described. The term(s) that most resemble(s) how a visitor would perceive the place is (are) the one(s) that should be used. But since you're saying it's built-up, "city" would seem to work. Ikan Kekek (talk) 01:39, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
An award for you!
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|For more than 3.5 years of improving and updating travel guides of destinations in the Philippines, please have a barncompass. ϒψιλον (talk) 19:53, 8 December 2018 (UTC)|
Talk:Filipino_phrasebook#Wikipedia_and_other_language_links Pashley (talk) 16:45, 23 July 2019 (UTC)
You are a great source of information for our Philippines articles, but I beg you not to just keep adding everything to the Philippines article. If the article is long and full of extraneous information, people won't read it. Why would you want that? Let's try to write a concise, clear article that will help readers decide if they want to travel to the Philippines, and how to do it. We don't need information about railways that don't run anymore, corruption schemes that are no longer used, information for people who are not travellers, and the politics behind legislation or policies. It just gets in the way of the information travellers are looking for. Let's work together to make this an excellent travel guide. Thank you. Ground Zero (talk) 18:41, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
- He's absolutely right. It's better to create travel topics like Shopping in the Philippines than to just pile on content to the main article and turn it into an almanac. Just keep that in mind in future. Thanks. --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 19:08, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
- It's from my local bias; I add too much info, even where irrelevant in a traveller's viewpoint. And thanks for improving our guide for the Philippines; it really needed much overhaul, including handling the excessive stuff better covered in separate travel topic articles. Unfortunately, there are still things needing improvements, like improving the present "Do" and "Sleep" pages on the main country article (the former being a mere list, needs to be improved in the same way as on Japan, and the latter being too short with not much info). TagaSanPedroAko (talk) 04:34, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
You recently made an anonymous edit accidentally. If that's a concern to you (it is to some editors), I can hide the IP address. --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 21:02, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- I just didn't noticed that since I turned off my computer only to open it again that I've been already logged out. Sorry if that may be a source of concern. Thanks. --TagaSanPedroAko (talk) 21:05, 12 July 2020 (UTC)