The "Vegamot" restaurant seemed to have been lost by accident; I recovered it, but please feel free to correct. --(WT-en) evanp 11:35, 15 January 2007 (EST)
The assertion that there have been three "Miss Universe" titleists from Reykjavik seems contrafactual. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Universe for data. -- (WT-en) Bill-on-the-Hill 13:11, 9 February 2007 (EST)
Sales taxes (VSK)
In the Buy section sales taxes are reported as 24% an 14%. This was changed to some degree in March 2007. I don't know the exact numbers. Someone who does, please correct this.
I hope this explains why I moved Reykjavík (back) to Reykjavik. If you can tell the difference between the two names then your eyesight is better than mine. To me the difference between í and i is so miniscule, most English readers would see them as the same character. Only the computer sees them as completely different characters. I am going to rely on the naming convention of using English for place names and argue that most English readers and writers would not realise that the diacritic even existed in this place name, in English. Additionally, it is far more convenient to type i on an English keyboard. - (WT-en) Huttite 13:00, 11 February 2009 (EST)
- Fast forward 3.5 years and our policy has changed! So I've moved it back to the diacritical location. --Peter Talk 02:25, 16 September 2012 (CEST)
For all the talk about how expensive Reykjavik is, compared to switzerland it's nothing (<5 CHF for a pint? try 8). In any case it's relative so while it's worth mentioning it's probably not worth making such a big deal out of. 220.127.116.11 05:26, 2 June 2010 (EDT)
- I don't see the problem with it, Iceland is notoriously more expensive than the rest of Europe. And yes, Switzerland also belongs to that category. --(WT-en) globe-trotter 07:15, 2 June 2010 (EDT)
Reykjavík Downtown Hostel
I removed the following description of Reykjavík Downtown Hostel:
- "There is a woman that works at the reception who, after offering a refund, will short your change. The receipt will read correctly, but you will, in fact, receive less. Try arguing it and she will smile and reference the receipt. Beware of this place. This place has a growing reputation amongst seasoned travelers for being a shady, near criminal operation; avoid it at all costs!"
Apart from the last sentence implying criminality, this has been on the page for a while. However, I both know people who've stayed there and been reading reviews online, and I can't find anything to corroborate this. Not to mention the fact that the hostel is run by HI Iceland, which generally has a very good reputation. For these reasons I got the feeling the description was likely written by a competitor - at least the final sentence. However if this is not the case, I apologise. It would be very good to get a further input from the editor who wrote that description - or any Wikivoyage user who's stayed at the hostel! --(WT-en) sterio 18:13, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
- Your removal seems reasonable - often one person's bad experience or misunderstanding ends up in a listing, despite not being typical for the location. -- (WT-en) Ryan • (talk) • 18:23, 11 July 2012 (EDT)
In the Hebrew Wikivoyage we are currently using this banner instead of the one which is currently used here. Do you think too that this banner would would better than the existing one? ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 06:52, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
OK now, this was a no-brainer so I just swapped the banners an here we go. I have also filled in latlongs for the POIs I could find on the map and placed a MapFrame (feel free to reposition/rezoom). Reykjavik is hardly my thing, so it would be brilliant if somebody more into it would pick it up from there and find the coords for the POIs still missing them and did a bit of double-checking/cleanup.
I feel this is a reasonably good guide, but could still use more maintenance / updating and pruning for accidental / random POIs. I guess we could use help from the local tourist board to keep the article up-to-date on a permanent basis, so if somebody could feel like contacting them and getting them to help out while things are slow at the tourist info counter, it would be just great. PrinceGloria (talk) 10:19, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
- Appreciated, though it probably would have been as quick for you to replace the dead link and type "replaced dead link" as an edit summary in the "Summary" box below your edit screen. But still, your help is definitely appreciated. Ikan Kekek (talk) 03:33, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hmmm...I'm not sure we can use either link per this site's what not to link to guidelines. What we need is a working URL for the plant or the company. Ikan Kekek (talk) 03:36, 22 July 2021 (UTC)