I would love to see some more images added to this article. I'm sure some of the folks who have edited this article have good pictures from tours they have been on, just the sort of images that could brighten up the article. I'd love to see both practical and emotive pictures. By practical I'm thinking of useful things like bikes, bike parts, and camping gear. And by emotive I mean things like fun shots of people riding bikes, pleasant camp sites. Any one got any images to contribute? --Keithonearth (talk) 06:35, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
Guide and FTT
This is a quite extensive article, and could perhaps be brought up to guide status (and FTT eligibility) within a reasonable timeframe. It does at least need some tidying up. Anything else? --ϒpsilon (talk) 16:47, 21 October 2017 (UTC)
- It only has five pictures and it might be improved for flow. Hobbitschuster (talk) 18:02, 22 October 2017 (UTC)
The Sleep section says:
- "many hotels and especially campsites can accommodate cyclists [...]. In other places, hotels may be less used to and thus less accommodating of cyclists. If you are exploring uncharted territory for cyclists inquiring with your place of accommodation in advance spares you the search for a new place to stay after a long exhausting day of travel."
What hotels and campsites cannot accommodate bikers? I suppose there may be a problem with finding a place for your bike safe for thieves, but other than that (so where theft is no major concern), what could possibly hinder you from using a certain accommodation?
I suppose there are concerns that are not obvious to me. These should be detailed, as just asking whether bikers are welcome could render a "yes" regardless of whether those concerns are addressed at the place.
- I would have to speculate to an extent, but maybe this is a good starting point? Certainly not all ho(s)tels particularly like guests that only stay one day and might need to do a lot of laundry, cleaning and whatnot... Hobbitschuster (talk) 20:17, 3 January 2019 (UTC)
- I think one issue could be hotel dress codes. Unless the cyclist has a complete change of "ordinary clothes", some hotels may put the restaurant out of bounds, even for breakfast.
- I am also surprised that there is no mention of hostels in sleep, as YHAs often have good facilities - bike sheds and some even have a workbench with tools on a chain. AlasdairW (talk) 15:14, 28 March 2020 (UTC)
The current page banner shows the wrong type of cycling. The lead cyclist has nothing with him, and the other cyclists and the vehicles in the background add to the impression that this is a race, not a small group cycling as a vacation. I saw that this banner of Tandem bikes is not used here, but is used in other language WVs. Should we change to this banner, or does anybody have alternatives? AlasdairW (talk) 22:13, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
- Yes. The current image is indeed from a race: Vätternrundan is a famous Swedish long-distance (300 km) bike race, part of the Swedish Classic Circuit. --LPfi (talk) 04:54, 31 March 2020 (UTC)