Err, I'm not sure I get why this was redirected the way it was. There's a couple of different types of travel insurance (health, cancellation, etc)... While I could go either way on having Travel insurance as a travel topic, I dont think redirecting to Tips for flying is as helpful as it might be. (WT-en) Maj 18:32, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
- There was no content -- it was just a sentence plus spam. Anyone who wants to write the article is free to. I just think the redirect to an article that has some travel insurance content is more useful than an empty template. So when you or anyone else wants to plunge forward on this, yay! -- (WT-en) Colin 18:36, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
- Coolio, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! (WT-en) Maj 18:50, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
Well we have content now. Some points I'd like it to cover:
- More on extensions. What happens if the worst eventuates, and you are badly ill or hurt in the last few days of coverage and can't get home due to being hospitalised? Knowing insurers, you or your family are now screwed, but it would be nice to have a decent write-up.
- Long-term travel: many policies limit extensions to 12 months coverage maximum.
- More on dangerous travel.
(WT-en) Hypatia 23:06, 4 October 2006 (EDT)
- Not only is such a list highly unmaintainable, but insurers are highly local -- your American or even Canadian links are not very useful to us travellers based in, say, Finland, Singapore, India or Japan. (WT-en) Jpatokal 02:42, 1 July 2007 (EDT)
Do you all think this article already effectively covers most aspects of the topic with no obvious omissions or what would still be missing? Obviously the article could also use a couple of photos. ϒpsilon (talk) 15:09, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- No objections? Everything I can think of concerning travel insurances is in the article, so I'll upgrade it to guide now. If anyone feels strongly this article shouldn't have guide status, feel free to demote it (or, of course, fix the problem instead :)). ϒpsilon (talk) 19:48, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
Banner picture is clearly reversed
URL with further discussion
I removed a link to Consumer Reports as that advice should be here, by policy. I did not check we cover all the points, so therefore copying the URL to here. --LPfi (talk) 10:15, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
Travel insurance in a pandemic
An interesting piece about different types of travel insurance and how they worked out for people when COVID-19 forced them to change their plans: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/travel/travel-insurance-pandemic.html . Some of this information might be worth incorporating into the article. —Granger (talk · contribs) 14:58, 24 June 2020 (UTC)