- Keep. This can make a nice travel topic, but the garbage needs to be removed, some real info needs to be added and it should be listed under Travel_topics#Travel_activities. I'll add some detail, lets see how the voting goes from there.
- Keep - is now a valid redirect, and the page it redirects to has valid content. ~ 220.127.116.11 06:37, 4 February 2007 (EST)
- Delete - just spam related stuff.
- Keep. - This can be made useful. -- (WT-en) Sapphire 18:24, 18 February 2007 (EST)
- Keep. Pretty standard kind of redirect, and Whitewater kayaking is certainly a valid travel topic, if one where our nascent cooperation with WikiOutdoors should be taken into consideration. -- (WT-en) Bill-on-the-Hill 13:09, 19 February 2007 (EST)
- Either keep or preferably move the content to Travel activities and leave the old article as a redirect. We still don't have a standard for what is a valid travel article, so it's difficult to say whether something stays or goes. My preference would be that we move content into more general articles whenever possible, and only create new articles when the content becomes large and complex, similarly to how we handle museums or airports currently. -- (WT-en) Ryan 01:25, 7 March 2007 (EST)
Is there a more generic name for kayaking, canoeing and rafting all combined? The places where you can do these are, after all, pretty much the same. (WT-en) Jpatokal 03:07, 30 April 2009 (EDT)
- Support; definitely better name--and we'd better have a wider scope here until we have too much content to split. --(WT-en) DenisYurkin 17:56, 4 May 2009 (EDT)
I wonder what the criteria for the selection of destinations are. We now have destinations where "rafting [...] is said to be quite good", rafting/kayaking/canoeing just mentioned or even not mentioned at all.
We probably should list at least articles about white water sports in some area and articles about areas especially noteworthy as white water sports destinations, but we should not list countries or regions on the bases that there are some white-water sports destinations in that area – there probably are in most countries, and there are zillions of individual white-water destinations.
Should we try to choose a few (5–9?) destinations on each continent, based on noteworthiness and amount and quality of information in the article in question? The rest would be found in the Do sections of relevant articles, depending on noteworthiness (lesser routes only in the destination article itself).