|This is the imported user page of user Darren Kirby, Bulliver on wikitravel.org/en. All contributions that this user had made on Wikitravel up until August 2012 were imported. The imported revisions of this contributor are labelled as "(WT-en) Bulliver".|
|Read more about the Migration from Wikitravel.|
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I am a 30 year old guy from Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. My real name is Darren Kirby, and I was born in Kamloops. I have also lived in Cache Creek, Edmonton, Vancouver/Burnaby, and Summerland. I am currently back in Edmonton for a while.
My interests are:
- Programming: Mostly Python, Ruby and PHP, though I am trying to teach myself C/C++ and Lisp.
- UNIX: You know how junkies buy heroin? Well I buy computers, and install UNIX on them. I have 7 so far, 4 X86s running Gentoo Linux and FreeBSD, an Apple G4 running Gentoo PPC, an Apple G5 running OSX, and a Sun UltraSparc U60 running both Solaris and Gentoo Sparc64.
- Photography: you can see my digi's. Some nice travel shots, but mostly just random debauchery.
- Music: I play guitar, bass, and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on that makes noise. I have extremely diverse musical tastes.
- Food and Drink: I have worked as a chef most my life and receive great joy from a brilliant home cooked meal and bottle of wine.
I started with Penticton after finding my hometown unrepresented. I have noticed much of British Columbia is lacking, so I guess I will fill it in where I can find the time. I also started the Apex Alpine and Summerland page, and added some more sights to Vancouver. I have started Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Kootenay National Park, Manning Provincial Park and Mount Robson Provincial Park
I have created a few maps for Wikivoyage:
- Downtown Peninsula - Vancouver City Center
- Stanley Park - Vancouver City Center
- Okanagan Valley - Okanagan
- Penticton - Penticton
- Downtown Toronto - Toronto/Downtown
- Toronto-Annex - Toronto/The Annex
- Seattle overview - Seattle
- British Columbia Regions - British Columbia
- Queen Charlotte Islands - Queen Charlotte Islands
- Mayne Island - Mayne Island
- South Gulf Islands - Southern Gulf Islands
- Greater Victoria - Victoria
- Central Victoria - Victoria
I have added a few of my pictures to Wikivoyage:
- Sailboats on Okanagan Lake - Penticton
- Benchland - Penticton
- View from Munson - Penticton
- View from Munson - Penticton
- View of Penticton from the south - Penticton
- International Bridge - Sault Ste Marie
- Urban Sprawl - Toronto
- Mount Robson - Rocky Mountains
- Monument George-Étienne-Cartier - Montreal
- Habitat '67 - Montreal
- Hartland Covered Bridge - Hartland
- Selkirk Mountain backcountry - Kootenays
- Edmonton Skyline - Edmonton
- East Sooke Park rainforest - Sooke
- Active Pass - Southern Gulf Islands
- Okanagan Lake - Okanagan
- Summerland - Summerland
- Trout Creek trestle - Summerland
Places I've been
My most recent extended trip was from Penticton to Saint Stephen New Brunswick. During the 2 week long trip I put 12000! km on my poor car. Sometimes you need to be a tourist in your own country. Highlight of the trip was visiting Montreal. What a great city, I recommend it to anyone looking for a great time and great sights.