To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
As a Wikipedian, you may notice some differences in the style of our articles. These include:
- "Village pump" → travellers' pub
- "be bold" → plunge forward
- "sandbox" → graffiti wall
- "stub notes" → Article status notes
- "External links" → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
More importantly, Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, whereas Wikivoyage is a travel guide. So while there are certainly overlaps in content, the imperatives of the sites are different. Wikipedia is dedicated to thorough documentation to the extent possible without original research; Wikivoyage is dedicated to serving the interest of the traveller by providing travel-related information and relies greatly on first-hand information from travellers and residents of many parts of the world.
I have not had the pleasure of visiting the Rugova Mountains, but I can see that they are very worthy of a Wikivoyage article, and I'm glad you started one. However, a Wikivoyage article about them needs to be quite different from w:Rugova Mountains, partly because the more we copy other articles, the less Google will consider our articles unique and worth indexing, but more so because travellers don't need to know things like the Latin names of species of plants and animals that live in an area. What they do need are things like complete (or as complete as possible) entries for hotels and a map of the park.
Please have a look at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, a Wikivoyage article for a park that is currently featured on the front page, and Valle de Cocora, an article about a protected area that was previously featured, for some pointers on Wikivoyage-style park guides. If you'd like additional recommendations of articles to look at or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. You can just reply to this message and sign your reply with 4 tildes in a row at the end (~~~~).
- Hi, thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement and suggested improvements. I will be revising this article further. I have also invited the authors of that Wikipedia article to help. I look forward to contributing here on Kosovo-related articles. Cheers! --Arianit (talk) 08:57, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello Arianit, welcome and thanks for your contributions! I have corrected one of your edits in the Kukës guide, namely cropping the page banner. The reason is we have very particular rules for page banners and 7:1 aspect ratio is one of them. I think the banner looks ok also after the edit. Happy voyaging! Danapit (talk) 17:07, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
Tourist information in Gjakova
- Hi @Ikan Kekek:. it has moved and another company is running it now. I need to visit them to fill it out. BTW, we're running an editathon on Kosovo articles this weekend and next. Thank you for keeping an eye. --Arianit (talk) 10:12, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for helping to improve Wikivoyage's Albania and Kosovo articles. Your contributions will help readers who are thinking about travelling to Albania and Kosovo, and those who are planning trips there. I hope you can continue to help improve these articles. Ground Zero (talk) 10:29, 29 July 2019 (UTC)