To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.
Thanks for your contributions. I've noticed you've added Burger King to a couple of destinations. For future reference, for smaller destinations where there likely aren't very many eateries to choose among it's OK to list Burger King, McD etc. However we have a (not that strict, but still) guideline called WV:Boring, that says that if there is a wide range of options (e.g. in a big city) we should try to favor local businesses and only mention chains in brief, if at all. ϒpsilon (talk) 15:31, 30 December 2015 (UTC)
- If you do decide to keep the Burger King listing in Eisenach, can you add at least the street address, so people can find it? The easiest way to do that is by clicking Edit after the listing and filling in as many details as you can. Thanks and welcome to Wikivoyage! Peter Chastain (talk) 09:31, 31 December 2015 (UTC)
Rather than creating lots of mostly empty articles, please try to develop the articles you do create more fully. Skeleton articles are far less useful to a traveler than more complete articles. Thanks. -- Ryan • (talk) • 19:58, 1 January 2016 (UTC)
- Okay --DumfriesNative (talk) 20:01, 1 January 2016 (UTC)
- To this point your contributions have been extremely similar to those of a persistent vandal on Wikivoyage who likes to create empty articles about very small places - see this thread for details. I would again strongly suggest that you stop creating empty skeletons and instead focus on developing the articles that you have already created. -- Ryan • (talk) • 17:40, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
- It might not be apparent to you as a new contributor, but creating many empty skeletons with an accommodation listing just to fulfil the 'can you sleep there?' rule is not helping to make a useful travel guide.
- I would really appreciate if you could spend time working on the the empty articles that you have already created rather than continuing to create new empty ones. Many thanks in advance. --Andrewssi2 (talk) 20:23, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
I have merged Wolfschlugen with Filderstadt as they are close to each other. Although there are a couple of more places to eat and sleep in the village I do not think it will ever become a decent sized article and both are really serving people using the Airport or the Messe. --Traveler100 (talk) 18:50, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
Now I did defend your good edits (and revered your bad ones) but I do not think getting personal is a good idea. Ryan is a longstanding constructive user which I now see you have been annoying. Please do not be disruptive and personal. I will change the way others will view you and your edits. --Traveler100 (talk) 20:28, 5 January 2016 (UTC)