To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Project:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. --Globe-trotter (talk) 17:14, 19 September 2012 (CEST)
- 1 Docent
- 2 Account merge
- 3 Individual listings in region articles
- 4 Upload files, Upload Wizard?
- 5 Banner for Ourika Valley
- 6 Your collections have been exported
- 7 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 8 Time and date formatting
- 9 Thank you
- 10 Telephone numbers
- 11 Some formatting links for you
- 12 Thank you
- 13 File:SønderbySheep.jpg
- 14 Community Insights Survey
- 15 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
- 16 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
Due to a bug in the software, we had to remove all destination docents. You'll have to manually re-instate yourself as docent if you wish to do so. --Globe-trotter (talk) 17:14, 19 September 2012 (CEST)
While your User:(WT-en) Elgaard contributions have been merged with this account, the equivalent to "shared" on this site is a combination of Commons: and meta:Wikivoyage, so "(WT-shared) Elgaard" is not available for merging. Your images that are displayed on this site should all be available on Commons:. -- Ryan • (talk) • 00:24, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
Individual listings in region articles
I'd expect the individual listings you'd added to Central Ontario should instead be in the local articles for the respective closest city (Barrie, Orillia...) with the region-level description used as just a general overview of what's unique in this one region. See Wikivoyage:Region article template. K7L (talk) 23:09, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
Upload files, Upload Wizard?
Banner for Ourika Valley
Your collections have been exported
Thank you for using the collections feature in Wikivoyage beta! Due to technical and moderation issues, we will be turning off this experimental feature. Your collections will be available for viewing until Thursday, April 21st. As of today, your collection's are now saved as as links on a special Wikipedia page here: link This new page is not accessible via any menu, so we recommend bookmarking the page if you plan to return. Thank you for experimenting with us! If you are interested in giving your feedback about Wikivoyage Collections please do so here here.
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Thanks for your contributions. We try to use consistent time and date formats because it makes it easier for readers to find the information. Changing formats within an article is confusing and makes the guide look less credible. Ground Zero (talk) 02:41, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
I notice you've been replacing all of the hyphens with spaces in telephone numbers? According to Wikivoyage:Phone numbers, the hyphens should be left in to join whatever part has to be dialled on a local call, so +1 519-123-4567 and not +1 519 123 4567 if dialling just "4567" on its own gets you nothing. K7L (talk) 02:02, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
Here are some links to help you understand our formatting:
- WV:tdf -- for countries that use the 12-hour clock, we format time like this: 9AM-noon, 8PM-midnight
- WV:$ -- we don't use the 3-digit currency code except in the "Money" section on country articles. Elsewhere, it is understood that "$" means "Canadian dollars" in articles about Canada
- WV:phone -- where 10-digit dialling is required, we format North American phone numbers like this: +1 519-123-4567.
I didn't realize until now that you're an Admin and have been since 2005! You've quietly amassed something like 7,000 edits in 13 years. I'm glad you're still active and still working on improving this guide. You could probably teach the newer Admins a thing or two, with your long experience, so please feel welcome to participate in policy discussions if you like, but either way, thank you. Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:01, 26 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi! A page banner that you created back in 2014 on WikiVoyage, File:SønderbySheep.jpg, that is being used on the following page, has not been published to [Wikimedia Commons] (WC).
I was hoping that you would publish the banner to WC so that I can add it to the WikiData (WD) entry for [Hornsherred]. By doing this, I will then be able to remove Hornsherred from the [Banner to WD] Maintenance Category on WikiVoyage.
Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 14:32, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 19:13, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 17:03, 4 October 2019 (UTC)