Thanks for your great work on Ipoh and other articles about Malaysia. It would be great for the article on Ipoh to eventually be good enough for a front-page feature, and then we can decide whether for international travellers, it's off the beaten path (it certainly is not for Malaysians).
All the best,
- Sure. Likewise, thanks for your copy edits. Truthfully, it's always been a secret target of mine, just had to wait a bit for the city and OpenStreetMap to catch up. Some friendly competition with Penang for food and heritage always helps. I hope I've tread a fine line so far as the town is still rough around the edges but so popular on weekends for good reasons. I haven't even gotten to the food section yet, in which I might literally be waving my "I Love Ipoh" shirt :) -- torty3 (talk) 10:42, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for all you've done!
re: User talk:Atsirlin#Maps and other things, insofar as you might have felt unappreciated, I'd like to very much express my appreciation for everything you've done with the listing editor and maps. In your absence I made several modifications to the listing editor, but hopefully they meet with your approval - should you wish to re-take the lead on development of that gadget I'd be happy to collaborate to ensure that you don't continue to feel overwhelmed. -- Ryan • (talk) • 07:03, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Ryan, thanks are always warmly received, but I did downplay my personal issues and time constraints. It comes down to the fact that proof-of-concepts up to the 'final' product are inherently more interesting to work on, compared to the drudgery of maintenance and edge-case bug fixes that only matter to a minimal audience. If anything, I owe you a bigger thank you for taking over :)
- Add in the fact that one could possibly accomplish more outside technical work in under a week, compared to a month of guiding conversations to consensus, and it's a no-brainer to do more travel writing here (which I don't do anywhere else). Don't get me wrong, the discussions are useful and bring up interesting points, but I have an authoritarian streak after all haha. -- torty3 (talk) 08:11, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Thanks for your service as a Wikivoyage administrator. As you may be aware, our Wikivoyage:Administrators policy indicates that administrators who have not edited on the English Wikivoyage in over two years should have their administrator flags removed. This is for account security purposes, not a reflection of a loss of trust or any disappointment.
As such, we have removed your administrator flag as of 2020-03-02. If you ever decide to return to Wikivoyage as an active editor, your administrator flag can be restored by request.
If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.