Virajpet town has a cute charm and an undulating shape. Traffic chaos and mindless commercialization has spoilt most of the beauty the town has been guarding for hundreds of years. A morning walk can reveal to you the few remains of the rare beauty of the town. The hills and the green villages of Virajpet are suitable for trekking.
- The nearest railway stations are in 1 Thalassery and 2 Kannur.
- The nearest airports are Mysore Airport in Bangalore and Mangalore International Airport in 3 Mangalore.
- Virajpet is around 30 km away from 4 Madikeri, the district headquarters and is about 250 km from 5 Bangalore and 165 km from Mangalore. The only way to reach Virajpet is by road.
Autorikshaws charge ₹20 for km. and buses are much cheaper. Air-conditioned taxis are also available at ₹1,000 for one day's use.
- 1 Ayyappa Temple, Malethirike hill.
- 2 Igguthappa Temple (Padi Eshwara Igguthappa Temple), Kakkabe (15 km).
- 3 St. Anne's Church. 220 years old, built in neo-Gothic style.The tower of the church has two massive bells of the ancient times and are in use even now.
- 4 Shiva Temple, Malethirike hill.
- 5 Tadiandamol Mountain, Kakkabe (15 km). the highest mountain in Kodagu
- Trekking @ Malethirike. Malethirike is a semispherical hill in the very middle of the town. You will have terrific view on of the hill. There are two Hindu temples and one Christian church.
- Walk in the coffee plantations. the inviting smell of coffee will excite you.
- Iyenar bakery, Virajpet Junction.
- Amma Restaurant, State Highway, ☏ .
- Garden Hotel, Near Shafi Masjidh, ☏ .
- UK Biriyani Centre, State Highway.
- Good Food restaurant, Jain street, ☏ . Good place for snacks like vada, Pakkuvada etc. Good coffee also.
- Green Bar, Near HDFC Bank.
- Bharath Hotel, Near Market.
- Coffeevalley Holiday Home Stay (3200 ft), Arji Hills, Perumbadi, Virajpet, ☏ . Check-in: 24 hours, check-out: 12Noon. Coorgie food available on request, also adventure sports institute - for para gliding, kayak, white water rafting, elephant training. ₹500 Bed only.
- Darshan Hotel (₹750), ☏ . Sri Ganapathy Building, Near the Clock Tower. The hotel is nice but it is hidden inside a crowded market. You have to find your way among onion bags and vendors to reach the reception counter.
- Hill Palace, Near Market.
- Kingway Hotel, Near Mohan Petrol Station.
- Kaveri Inn, Telugu Street, ☏ . No parking facility. ₹1,300.
Virajpet is a starting point for many other locations like