Virajpet town has a cute charm and an undulating shape. Traffic chaos and mindless commercialization has spoilt most of the beauty the town has been guarding for hundreds of years. A morning walk can reveal to you the few remains of the rare beauty of the town. The hills and the green villages of Virajpet are suitable for trekking.
- The nearest railway stations are in Thalassery and Kannur.
- The nearest airports are Mysore Airport (MYQ IATA), in Bangalore and Mangalore International Airport in Mangalore.
- Virajpet is around 30 km away from Madikeri, the district headquarters and is about 250 km from Bangalore and 165 km from Mangalore. The only way to reach Virajpet is by road.
Autorikshaws charge ₹20 for km. and buses are much cheaper. Air-conditioned taxis are also available at ₹1,000 for one day's use.
- 1 Ayyappa Temple, Malethirike hill.
- 2 Igguthappa Temple (Padi Eshwara Igguthappa Temple), Kakkabe (15 km).
- 3 St. Anne's Church. 220 years old, built in neo-Gothic style.The tower of the church has two massive bells of the ancient times and are in use even now.
- 4 Shiva Temple, Malethirike hill.
- 5 Tadiandamol Mountain, Kakkabe (15 km). the highest mountain in Kodagu
- Trekking @ Malethirike. Malethirike is a semispherical hill in the very middle of the town. You will have terrific view on of the hill. There are two Hindu temples and one Christian church.
- Walk in the coffee plantations. the inviting smell of coffee will excite you.
- Iyenar bakery, Virajpet Junction.
- Amma Restaurant, State Highway, ☏ .
- Garden Hotel, Near Shafi Masjidh, ☏ .
- UK Biriyani Centre, State Highway.
- Good Food restaurant, Jain street, ☏ . Good place for snacks like vada, Pakkuvada etc. Good coffee also.
- Green Bar, Near HDFC Bank.
- Bharath Hotel, Near Market.
- Coffeevalley Holiday Home Stay (3200 ft), Arji Hills, Perumbadi, Virajpet, ☏ . Check-in: 24 hours, check-out: 12Noon. Coorgie food available on request, also adventure sports institute - for para gliding, kayak, white water rafting, elephant training. ₹500 Bed only.
- Darshan Hotel (₹750), ☏ . Sri Ganapathy Building, Near the Clock Tower. The hotel is nice but it is hidden inside a crowded market. You have to find your way among onion bags and vendors to reach the reception counter.
- Hill Palace, Near Market.
- Kingway Hotel, Near Mohan Petrol Station.
- Kaveri Inn, Telugu Street, ☏ . No parking facility. ₹1,300.
Virajpet is a starting point for many other locations like