In September 2006, West Kilbride won First Prize in the "Enterprising Britain 2006" award, for its "Craft Town Scotland" initiative.
The A78 - picturesque coastal route, wending through North Ayrshire.
Stagecoach and Shuttle Buses both provide a regular service;
Regular passenger trains from Largs to Glasgow Central Station;
- Eddie's Taxis, ☎ .
- 1 West Kilbride Museum, West Kilbride Village Hall, 1 Arthur Street. Tue, Thu, Sat:10:30am – 12:30pm, 2:00pm – 4:00pm. free.
- 2 Portencross Castle.
- 3 Law Castle.
- 4 Seamill Beach.
- Ardneil Bay.
- 1 West Kilbride Golf Club, Fullarton Drive, Seamill. This well-respected 18-hole links course offers many challenges to test even the seasoned golfer. The fabulous view of Arran makes a wonderful backdrop to your game - and you may find it hard not to take your eye off the ball! Relax in the clubhouse afterwards. from £30 (winter round).
- 2 Kirktonhall Glen. is a woodland walkway leading from West Kilbride to Seamill, gifted to West Kilbride in 1924 by Robert Barr. Through it flows the Kilbride Burn which enters the Firth of Clyde at Seamill.
- 3 Craft Town Scotland art gallery and museum, The Barony Centre, 50 Main Street, ☎ .
West Kibride has recently been dubbed "The UK's Capital of Enterprise" because of its pioneering Craft Town Scotland initiative. Its growing colony of top-class craftspeople and retail shops deserves your support. Now is the time to invest in original and stylish works of art - for example, from Silversmith Marion Kane; Nicola Beattie, candle-maker; and many others.
- 1 A Gift Tae Gie, 45 Main Street, ☎ . offers a fantastic array of gifts, toys, cards and interior accessories for all ages.
- 2 Glenbryde, 31 Ritchie Street, ☎ . specialises in the sale of quality clocks and barometers.
Various Indian and Chinese take-aways in the centre of town
- 1 The Cherry Orchard, 2C Orchard St, ☎ . delightful coffee-shop in the heart of West Kilbride
- 2 Seamill Hydro Hotel and Resort, 39 Ardrossan Rd, Seamill, ☎ . beautiful restaurant with a la carte and table d'hote menus.
- Fins award-winning seafood restaurant, Fairlie;
- Braidwoods award-winning restaurant, Dalry;
The Kilbride Tavern and the King's Arms are typical Scottish pubs, located in the heart of West Kilbride.
- 1 Te Wee Deli, 2 Ritchie Street, ☎ . A tardis of food delights. Best known for the wee deli pate & soups.
- 1 Carlton Seamill Bed & Breakfast, 53 Ardrossan Road, Seamill, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Impressive Scottish Victorian house and garden. Generous Traditional Scottish Breakfast. Rooms from £65 per couple per night..
- 2 The Waterside, Ardrossan Rd., ☎ .
Major tourist attractions near here are:
- Isle of Arran (Brodick);
- Isle of Great Cumbrae (Millport)
- Isle of Bute (Rothesay and Mount Stuart)
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park; City of Glasgow
- Robert Burns Heritage Trail; Kelburn Castle and Country Estate
- Culzean Castle and Country Estate; many important golf courses within easy reach - for example, Royal Troon, Prestwick and Turnberry - and West Kilbride's own Golf Club.