Just south of West Seattle with its business district centered along Delridge Way, White Center melds in with the rest of the area. Nicknamed 'Rat City' the area has embraced the nic-name and made it a part of its punk rock mixed ethnicity identity. A common bumper sticker in the area simply states 'White Center, not really white, not really centered'.
The main business area is located along Delridge Way SW and Roxbury. Just south of West Seattle and to the west up the hill from South Park.
Although White Center covers a broad area, the central business area is very walkable once you find parking.
White Center has a nice mix of ethnic restaurants and shops, great place to find unusual ingredients and tasty treats from different regions.
- 1 Southgate Roller Rink, 9646 17th Ave SW (between Roxbury St & 98th St), ☎ . Tu,Th 1PM-3:30PM and 8:30PM-11PM, F 6PM-8PM, Sa 1PM-4:30PM and 7:30PM-12:30AM. Old school roller skating rink and the proud birthplace of the Rat City Rollergirls. $6-7.
- 1 Hung Long Asian Market, 9988 15th Ave SW, ☎ . 8AM-9PM daily. Great Asian market with a crazy variety of foods.
- 1 Salvadorean Bakery and Restaurant, 1719 SW Roxbury St (between 17th Ave & 18th Ave), ☎ . M-Sa 7AM-9PM, Su 7AM-8PM. People come from all over the region for tasty Salvadorean meals and pastries.
- 2 Taco Time, 10055 16th Ave SW, ☎ . 10AM-10PM daily. Taco Time is a large and popular chain of fast food restaurants and nothing special to visit, however this Taco Time happens to be the very first one started by Frank Tonkin, Sr. in 1962.
- 3 Proletariat Pizza, 9622-A 16th Ave SW, ☎ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F 11AM-10PM, Sa 4PM-10PM, Su 4PM-9PM. Popular local slightly hipster but family friendly pizza joint with a creative and delicious menu
- 1 Big Al Brewing, 9832 14th Ave SW (between 100th St & 98th St), ☎ . M-Th 3PM-9PM, F 3PM-10PM, Sa 2PM-10PM, Su 2PM-7PM. Tasty local micro brews.
No hotels in White Center but look towards Seatac area or downtown Seattle.
Wifi available from a few cafes in central business area.
White Center is near the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal with access to Vashon Island and the Kitsap Peninsula. It is also close to the South Park neighborhood and Georgetown is just down the hill to the east along Roxbury.
|Routes through White Center|
|END ← Seattle ←||N S||→ Burien → Tacoma|