- State Route (SR) 18 serves as a major east-west freeway between I-5 (exit 142A) in Federal Way and I-90 (exit 22) in North Bend. It goes through Auburn, Covington, Maple Valley and Issaquah, and Mt Si through the east/southeastern regions of King County.
- Auburn Way S (SR-164) becomes Auburn-Enumclaw Hwy, outside the city, to connect Auburn to Enumclaw.
- Valley Freeway (SR-167) serves as the main north-south highway from I-405 (exit 2) in Renton to Puyallup through Kent, Auburn, and Sumner in the Kent Valley.
- 1 Sound Transit Sounder operates the Sounder Train between King Street Station in downtown Seattle and Lakewood Station (south of Tacoma) via Tukwila, Kent Station, Auburn, Sumner, Puyallup, Tacoma-Dome, S Tacoma (S Washington Ave between S 57th & 58th). Nearest transfer stations to Amtrak trains are in Tacoma-Dome Station and Seattle King Street Station. Connections to King County Metro and Pierce Transit buses are at each station. Check schedules as trains only go north in the mornings, south in the afternoons and the on Seattle Seahawks and Mariners game days. Check schedules.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA IATA), the nearest commercial airport to Auburn, is 9 mi (14 km) away. Depending on traffic, you can go north on SR-167 to I-405 in Renton, and go west on I-405 which becomes SR-518 towards the airport. Or one can go west SR-18 to Federal Way and than north on I-5 to the I-450/SR-518 junction in Tukwila.
By public transit
- King County Metro, ☏ . Operates bus, streetcar, and monorail routes in King County. Communities within the county served by this operator's routes include Auburn, Bellevue, Bothell, Burien, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Bend, Redmond, Renton, SeaTac, Seattle, Shoreline, Tukwila, Vashon Island, White Center, and Woodinville.
- The transportation hub (bus station) in Auburn is the 3 Auburn Station on A st & 2nd St SW in downtown Auburn. The Auburn Station offers routes with King County Metro and Sound Transit service to Kent (160, 566); Enumclaw (915); Federal Way (181, 578); Kent (160, 566) Redmond (566); Bellevue (566); Renton (160, 566); Downtown Seattle (578); Puyallup (578); Algona/Pacific (917), and local service around town (181, 184, 915, 917).
- Sound Transit, toll-free: . Has regional public transit routes including Sounder trains, Link light rail, and express bus in King County (e.g. Bellevue, Federal Way, Kent, Renton, Seattle), Snohomish County (e.g. Everett, Lynnwood), and Pierce County (e.g. Puyallup, Tacoma).
- Express bus routes 566 and 578.
- Pierce Transit 497 (to Lakeland Hills),
- 1 White River Valley Museum, 918 H Street SE (Behind the Auburn Library, in Les Gove Park), ☏ . W-Su noon-4PM. Admission is free every First Thursday and Last Sunday. On First Thursdays they are also open from 6PM-8PM. $5/adult, $2/concession.
- 2 Neely Mansion, 12303 SE Auburn-Black Diamond Rd (east of Auburn on Hwy 18, Auburn-Black Diamond Road exit, turn right), ☏ . Summer Saturdays tours 1-4PM. 125-year-old mansion, National Historic Site from the Victorian Era suggested donation of $3.
- 1 Flaming Geyser State Park, 23700 SE Flaming Geyser Rd, ☏ . 8AM-dusk.
- 2 White River Amphitheatre, 40601 Auburn Enumclaw Rd, ☏ , WRAReceptionist@livenation.com.
If you win...
Chances are if you win it big in Auburn and you are a foreigner you will get dinged by the 30% withholding tax. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though, you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino so don't lose it... it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
- 3 Muckleshoot Casino, 2402 Auburn Way S., toll-free: .
- 4 Muckleshoot Bingo, 2117 Auburn Way S (Across street from Casino), ☏ .
- 5 Emerald Downs, 2300 Ron Crockett Dr, ☏ , toll-free: . Live racing (April – September): $9, or $5 with Emerald Rewards card. Simulcast (Sep-Apr): $3, or $2 with card.
- 6 Iron Horse Casino, 333 15th Street NE, ☏ . Su-Th 8AM-3AM; F Sa 24 hr/day. Table games only, no slots or bingo.
- 1 The Outlet Collection Seattle (formerly Super Mall), 1101 Outlet Collection Way, ☏ . Largest indoor outlet mall in the Pacific Northwest.
- 2 Auburn North Mall, 1207-1347 Auburn Way N. Aaron's, Big 5, Dollar Tree, LA Fitness, MOD Pizza, Office Depot, Soho Teriyaki, Super Cuts, UPS Store, etc. There are other similar malls and free-standing retail stores and restaurants surrounding the intersection of 15th St NE & Auburn Way N.
- 3 Lakeland Town Center, 1400-1420 Lake Tapps Pkwy (Lake Tapps Pkwy & Lakeland Hills Way SE). Hours vary at each business.. Haggen's Supermarket, Hops n Drops, Legendary Doughnuts, Ichi Teriyaki, McDonald's, Puerto Vallarta Restaurant, Pet Pro, Orange Theory Fitness, Rock Wood Fired Pizza, Sushi Konami, Starbucks, UPS Store, etc. There are additional stores and restaurants on the other side of Lakeland Hills Way SE from the mall.
- 1 Legendary Doughnuts, 1410 Lake Tapps Pkwy E (Lakeland Town Center in Lakeland Hills), ☏ . Su-Th 5AM-6PM, F Sa 5AM-7PM. The first location of this small local chain. Will close early once sold out. Delivery available.
- 1 Rail Hop'n Brewing Co, 122 W Main St, Suite 101B (North of the transit station, on Main St Between B & A St in downtown), ☏ . M-F 6AM-9PM, Sa noon-11PM. Auburns original microbrewer. In the heart of downtown Auburn. Their new facility has espresso and appetizers too.
- 2 Scamp Brewing, 402 16th St NE, #107, email@example.com. Th F 3PM-9PM, Sa Su noon-9PM. Independently-owned craft brewery in Auburn, Washington. Tap room is dog and family-friendly. You can bring in your own food or they have food trucks.
- 1 Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn, 401 8th Street SW, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 2 Comfort Inn Auburn - Seattle, 1 16th St. NE, ☏ .
|Routes through Auburn|
|Renton ← Kent ←||N S||→ Puyallup → Tacoma|
|Federal Way ←||W E||→ North Bend|