Federal Way is a city in King County in the Puget Sound region of Washington State. With a population of 96,000 (2016), Federal Way is one of Seattle's largest suburbs. Federal Way is home to the world headquarters of Weyerhaeuser and World Vision.
By public transit
Like the rest of the Seattle Area, Federal Way is served by King County Metro Transit and Sound Transit as well as being the northernmost service area of Pierce Transit. The transportation hub in Federal Way is the Federal Way Transit Center on South 317th St. The FWTC offers routes with service to Sea-Tac Intl. Airport, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Puyallup, and other surrounding cities.
The City of Federal Way has a huge population of Korean Americans and used to host the annual Hanwoori Korean Festival, which was a huge event sponsored by the City of Federal Way, Washington State, and various business organizations.
- Pacific Bonsai Museum, 2515 S 336th St. Tu-Su 10AM-4PM. An outdoor museum of living art with more than 50 outstanding bonsai trees elegantly displayed in a beautiful woodland setting. Free tours Sunday at 1PM. donation suggested.
- Rhododendron Species Botanical Gardens, 2525 S 336th St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 10AM-4PM. Over 10,000 rhododendrons grow in a beautiful woodland setting covering 22 acres. The garden displays over 700 species native to four continents. $8/adult, $5/concession, free for children/military.
- 1 Wild Waves Theme & Water Park, 36201 Enchanted Parkway S, ☏ , ✉ Info@WildWaves.com. It is the main attraction in Federal Way, being the only existing water amusement park in Western Washington.
Redondo Beach A place to enjoy Puget Sound.
- The Commons (The Commons at Federal Way), 1928 S Commons, ☏ . Mall where the first Cinnabon opened.
- H-Mart, 31217 Pacific Hwy S, ☏ . Large market for Asian groceries and other imported goods.
- East India Grill, 31845 Gateway Center Blvd S, ☏ . Atmospheric restaurant with an Indic menu.
- Legendary Doughnuts, 32085 Pacific Hwy S, ☏ . Western Washington chain of doughnut bakeries.
- New Peking Wok, 32921 1st Ave S, ☏ . 11AM-9PM. Chinese restaurant available for banquets and catering.
- Pizza Pizazz, 32925 1st Ave S, ☏ . Independent pizza joint with a rock music theme.
- Poverty Bay Cafe & Coffee Company, 1108 S 322nd P, ☏ . Cafe that also serves light diner fare.
- Señor Taco, 33120 Pacific Hwy S, ☏ . Authentic, family-owned taqueria.
Federal Way is best known for its Korean cuisine, thanks to the high concentration of Korean Americans living in the city.
Recommended Korean restaurants:
- Mirak, Shin Sung, Kokkiri
Recommended Japanese restaurants:
- Akasaka, Koharu, Hanabi
Recommended Thai restaurants:
- Clarion Hotel, 31611 20th Avenue S, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, 31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South, ☏ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express, 34827 Pacific Hwy S., ☏ .
|Routes through Federal Way|
|Seattle ← Kent ←||N S||→ Fife → Portland|
|END ←||W E||→ Auburn → North Bend|
|Seattle ← SeaTac ←||N S||→ Fife → Tacoma via|
|Seattle ← SeaTac ←||N S||→ Tacoma → END|