▼ Germany (15 C, 21 P)
► Baden-Württemberg (5 C, 5 P)
► Bavaria (5 C, 5 P)
► Berlin (6 P)
► Brandenburg (11 P)
► Hamburg (5 P)
► Hesse (4 C, 5 P)
► Lower Saxony (7 C, 8 P)
► Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania (1 C, 13 P)
► North Rhine-Westphalia (8 C, 8 P)
► Rhineland-Palatinate (8 C, 8 P)
► Saarland (7 P)
► Saxony (6 C, 6 P)
► Saxony-Anhalt (17 P)
► Schleswig-Holstein (1 C, 15 P)
► Thuringia (11 P)
The Germany Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Germany. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Germany
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 31 October 2017.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
I would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get a "Eat" listing and content in the "Get in" of every article.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Chiemsee is technically usable but really needs some more attention.
- Allgäu - convert to park? Do something else with it? What to do about all those redlinks? And the "regions" section?
- Ruhr - not a bad article by any means but some of its information seems outdated and the prose needs work
- Hesse needs a regionmap to clarify unambiguous subdivisions
- Rail travel in Germany needs updating in accordance with recent changes and straightening of prose
- Rathen and Bastei - merge or not?
- Upper Palatinate listings need moving to city pages, most of which need to be created.
Towns that are important enough to have an article before the region can be considered for usable status:
- To complete regions: Vaihingen, Amberg, Eschwege, Erbach (Odenwald), Laatzen, Euskirchen, Simmern, Saarburg, Montabaur, Bad Ems, Pirmasens, Alzey, Pirna, Hiddensee.
Article ideas and requests
- Itineraries German tourist routes
- Haltern am See as per talk page request
- "National monuments and sites in Germany"
- Category:Articles needing translation from German
- Munich#Go next has a routebox but most of the routes break before you go too far.
- Include Routeboxes for (at least) hourly ICE services, add Intercity and/or major regional lines later on
- usablecity without See listing
- usablecity without Do listing
- usablecity without Event listing
- usablecity without Drink listing
- usablecity without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom
- phone format
- phone country code
- Articles with dead external links
- Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed
- Airport code without link
- 16 June 2015 - Germany article made guide.
- 19 January 2016 - All German city articles have a listing.
- 3 February 2016 - All German city articles have at least one sleep listing.
- 27 February 2016 - All German city articles have at least one see listing. Although many could do with more detailed information.