Woodstock is a quaint little town in the state of Vermont in New England. The town has two police cars in its town arsenal, and is known for its old town buildings. The little town looks nearly the same as it did over one hundred years ago.
- From Boston:
Take Interstate 93 North to Interstate 89 North into Vermont. In Vermont, take Exit 1. At bottom of ramp turn left on Route 4 West. Travel 10 miles to the center of Woodstock.
Take Interstate 91 to Exit 9 (Hartland/Windsor) in Vermont. Follow the signs for Woodstock and Route 12 North. Take Route 12 approximately 8 miles. Take a left onto Route 4 West (Routes 4 and 12 merge), through Taftsville. Stay on Route 4 West for 3 miles to the center of Woodstock.
- From Western or Upstate New York state:
Take Interstate 87 North (Adirondack Northway) to Exit 20 for Lake George. At bottom of exit, turn left onto Route 9 North. At the first light, turn right onto Route 149 East. Travel 12 miles into Ft. Ann and turn left onto Route 4 East. Travel 12 miles into Whitehall, then bear right on Route 4 East (near the Grand Union). Travel 35-40 miles into Rutland (Vermont). At the end of the four-lane road, turn left on Route 4 East/Route 7 North. Drive about 3 miles, then turn right on Route 4 East. Follow 4 East for 31 miles through Bridgewater into the center of Woodstock.
- Billings Farm and Museum, River Rd (at Rt. 12), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A museum dedicated to the telling of Vermont's rural heritage. A "living history" 270 acre working farm and dairy barn. Also a museum with related exhibits. May-Oct, 10AM-5PM. Thanksgiving weekend, December weekends and December 26 - January 1 10AM-4PM; Sleigh Ride Weekends: Martin Luther King and Presidents' weekends, 10AM-4PM. $10 or less.
The Appalachian Trail passes through town.
- Suicide Six, ☎ .
- Wasp's Snack Bar, 57 Pleasant St, ☎ . M-F 6AM-1PM. The flags are flying means open. A small 11-stool diner with lots of great food. Go there at 6AM and meet the locals who coffee up and eat a healthy breakfast to start off their workday. Lot's of spicy conversation. Restaurant stays open until 1PM sharp unless they decide to close earlier.Say hello to Jill and Bobbyjean.
- The Prince & The Pauper Restaurant, 24 Elm St, ☎ .
- The Charleston House, 21 pleasant St, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. 9 rooms, all with private bath. Air-conditioning. Free wi-fi. $135-$290.
- The Jackson House Inn, 43 Senior Ln, ☎ .
- The Woodbridge Inn, 546 Woodstock Rd, toll-free: . Bed and Breakfast on the banks of the Ottauquechee River.
- Woodstock Inn, Fourteen The Green, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Farmhouse Inn at Robinson Farm, 543 Woodstock Rd, ☎ .
- The Blue Horse Inn, 3 Church St, ☎ . Check-in: 4PM. A boutique, pet-friendly, ten room B&B in the village of Woodstock. Private bathrooms, heated outdoor pool, clay tennis court.
- 1 The Village Inn of Woodstock, 41 Pleasant St., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Bed and breakfast with on-site tavern. $150-$350.
|Routes through Woodstock|
|Rutland ← Killington ←||W E||→ Quechee → White River Junction|
|Montpelier ← Northfield ←||N S||→ Windsor → Claremont|