Route 4 runs East-West through the town and Route 100 comes in from the North. It is about a 3-hour drive from Boston and a 4-hour drive from Montreal.
Round trip bus service is offered by New England Snow Bus from Boston and OVR from New York City on Saturdays during the ski season. There is a Greyhound bus stop at the Killington Chamber of Commerce as well.
Three flights a day are made to and from Boston Logan to nearby Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport (RUT IATA). The closest major airport serving a number of other cities is Burlington International Airport (BTV IATA), about 2 hours away by car.
- Thundering Brook Falls, 2295 River Rd. (From the intersection of 4, 100, and Killington Rd. drive east on 4 for about 2 miles to River Rd. The parking lot is on the left approximately 1.5 miles down the road). Beautiful 140-foot waterfall accessed by a short walk on a handicap accessible boardwalk portion of the Appalachian Trail.
- 1 Killington Ski Resort, 4763 Killington Rd, toll-free: . Called the "Beast of the East" Killington is the largest ski resort in the eastern United States. The ski area also usually has the longest ski season in the east, operating from around late October until June. The resort is made up of 6 mountain peaks and over 200 trails. In addition to its well known winter offerings, Killington also has a variety of summer activities including mountain biking, hiking, and disc golf.
- 2 Pico Mountain, 73 Alpine Dr., ☏ . A favorite of locals, Pico offers skiers and riders many benefits of a larger mountain but with a smaller mountain feel. The mountain is owned by the parent company of Killington, allowing ticket packages for both resorts to be purchased together.
- Sushi Yoshi, 1807 Killington Rd., ☏ . Chinese restaurant with hibachi tables
- Domenic's Pizzeria, 2822 Killington Rd., ☏ . Pizza place on the Killington access road, a self-described "Upscale Pizza Joint"
There is lodging of all types on and off mountain. "Ski in Ski out" lodging means just that -- it enables you to generally, but not always, leave your parking worries behind. Many condo and vacation rentals that are in developments offer shuttle buses to the lifts.
- North Star Lodge, 78 Weathervane Dr, toll-free: . This cozy lodge features sweeping views.
- Killington Vacation Rentals by Owner. Over 120 condos, townhomes and private vacation rentals.
- Killington Mountain Lodge, 2617 Killington Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon.
- GetAway Vacations, 1995 Route 4, ☏ , toll-free: . GetAway Vacations offers beautiful home rentals in the Mountain Green Ski and Golf Resort, as well as the luxurious Mountain Top Inn.
- Heading east one would soon find themselves in Woodstock, a village that could be described as the quintessential Vermont town. Many little shops line its Main St. with the green mountains as their backdrop.
|Routes through Killington|
|Troy ← Rutland ←||W E||→ Woodstock → White River Junction|
|Jct N S ← Rochester ←||N S||→ Plymouth → Wilmington|