White River Junction is a village on the Connecticut River in eastern Vermont. It is in the town of Hartford.
White River Junction is located at the junction of Interstate 89 and Interstate 91.
- Greyhound, Sykes Avenue. Phone: +1 802 295-3011. Service from Boston Logan Airport and South Station to White River Junction. Several motels nearby, 15 minute walk to the center of White River Junction.
- Dartmouth Coach, Hanover/Lebanon: +1 603 448-2800. Service from Boston Logan Airport, Boston South Station and New York City to Hanover (Dartmouth College) and Lebanon, both within ten miles of White River Junction.
- Advance Transit, +1 802 295-1824. Serves the Upper Valley towns including Wilder, Norwich, Hanover, NH and West Lebanon, NH, Lebanon, Enfield and Canaan. All routes are free.
- Cape Air serves New Hampshire's Lebanon Municipal Airport, three miles from White River Junction. Flights to Boston Logan Airport and New York White Plains Airport.
- Amtrak stops in downtown White River Junction, with intrastate service between Burlington and Brattleboro and interstate service to cities between Springfield, Mass. and Washington, DC.
- Advance Transit bus service
Get information about the area at the Tourist Information, located at the railway station.
- Main Street Museum, 58 Bridge St. Open Thursday through Sunday. All kinds of biological, mineralogical and historical artifacts.
- Tupelo Music Hall, 188 S. Main St, ☎ .
- Quechee Gorge.
- Center for Cartoon Studies, 94 South Main St, ☎ . The CCS is a school that offers a two-year course of study that centers on the creation and dissemination of comics, graphic novels and other visual narratives. They have both a gallery and a library full of comics. To inform about the possibilities
- Northern Stage Theatre, 58 N Main St, ☎ , (Box Office). A 245-seat theatre playing everything from one-person acoustic concerts to fully staged theatrical productions.
Great antiques selection in Quechee (village of Hartford).
There's a well stocked supermarket just across the bridge in Hartford. They have a nice salad bar at $5 per pound, great for a picnic. There are a few diners on the other side of the river in West Lebanon, a 15-minute walk. Shyrl's Diner has an OK breakfast, but don't order more than two pancakes! They're huge.
- China Moon Buffet, 42 Sykes Ave, ☎ .
- [dead link]Tip Top Cafe, 85 N. Main St, ☎ .
- AJ's Restaurant & Lounge, 40 Bowling Ln, ☎ . 1 Get an under $20 meal.
- C&S Pizza, 104 S Main St.
- Yama, 96 Main St. West Lebanon, ☎ . Nice Korean/Japanese cuisine. Average price $12.95 for a main course. Closed on Mondays.
- Elixir Restaurant and Lounge, 188 South Main St, ☎ .
- Tuckerbox, 1 South Main St, ☎ .
- CJ's @ Than Wheeler's Tavern, 6 S Main St. A simple sports bar with both well known and local beers from tap and bottle.
- Tuckerbox, 1 S Main St. Open during daytime from Monday through Saturday. Get your coffee fix here: free wifi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 121 Ballardvale Rd, ☎ .
- Hotel Coolidge, 39 S Main St, ☎ . Good place to stay in the old center of town, though a bit thin-walled. Shops nearby. Hostel beds $32+, standard rooms $89-$119.
|Routes through White River Junction|
|St. Albans ← Montpelier ←||N S||→ Windsor → Springfield, MA|
|Burlington ← Montpelier ←||N S||→ Lebanon → Concord|
|St. Johnsbury ← Norwich ←||N S||→ Springfield, VT → Brattleboro|
|Rutland ← Quechee ←||W E||→ Lebanon → Concord|
|St. Johnsbury ← Norwich ←||N S||→ Windsor → Brattleboro|