White River Junction is a village on the Connecticut River in eastern Vermont. It is in the town of Hartford.
- White River Junction Welcome Center, 100 Railroad Row, ☏ .
White River Junction is located at the junction of Interstate 89 and Interstate 91.
- Greyhound, Sykes Avenue. Phone: +1 802 295-3011. Service from Boston Logan Airport and South Station to White River Junction. Several motels nearby, 15 minute walk to the center of White River Junction.
- Dartmouth Coach, Hanover/Lebanon: +1 603 448-2800. Service from Boston Logan Airport, Boston South Station and New York City to Hanover (Dartmouth College) and Lebanon, both within ten miles of White River Junction.
- Advance Transit, +1 802 295-1824. Serves the Upper Valley towns including Wilder, Norwich, Hanover, NH and West Lebanon, NH, Lebanon, Enfield and Canaan. All routes are free.
- Cape Air serves New Hampshire's Lebanon Municipal Airport, three miles from White River Junction. Flights to Boston Logan Airport and New York White Plains Airport.
Amtrak stops in downtown White River Junction, with intrastate service between Burlington and Brattleboro and interstate service to cities between Springfield, Mass. and Washington, DC.
- Advance Transit bus service
Get information about the area at the Tourist Information, located at the railway station.
- Main Street Museum, 58 Bridge St. Open Thursday through Sunday. All kinds of biological, mineralogical and historical artifacts.
- Tupelo Music Hall, 188 S. Main St, ☏ .
- Quechee Gorge.
- 1 Center for Cartoon Studies, 94 South Main St, ☏ . The CCS is a school that offers a two-year course of study that centers on the creation and dissemination of comics, graphic novels and other visual narratives. They have both a gallery and a library full of comics. To inform about the possibilities
- Northern Stage Theatre, 74 Gates Street, ☏ (Box Office). A 245-seat theatre playing everything from one-person acoustic concerts to fully staged theatrical productions.
Great antiques selection in Quechee (village of Hartford).
There's a well stocked supermarket just across the bridge in Hartford. They have a nice salad bar at $5 per pound, great for a picnic. There are a few diners on the other side of the river in West Lebanon, a 15-minute walk. Shyrl's Diner has an OK breakfast, but don't order more than two pancakes! They're huge.
- China Moon Buffet, 42 Sykes Ave, ☏ .
- [dead link] Tip Top Cafe, 85 N. Main St, ☏ .
- AJ's Restaurant & Lounge, 40 Bowling Ln, ☏ . 1 Get an under $20 meal.
- C&S Pizza, 104 S Main St.
- Yama, 96 Main St. West Lebanon, ☏ . Nice Korean/Japanese cuisine. Average price $12.95 for a main course. Closed on Mondays.
- Elixir Restaurant and Lounge, 188 South Main St, ☏ .
- Tuckerbox, 1 South Main St, ☏ .
- CJ's @ Than Wheeler's Tavern, 6 S Main St. A simple sports bar with both well known and local beers from tap and bottle.
- Tuckerbox, 1 S Main St. Open during daytime from Monday through Saturday. Get your coffee fix here: free wifi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 121 Ballardvale Rd, ☏ .
- Hotel Coolidge, 39 S Main St, ☏ . Good place to stay in the old center of town, though a bit thin-walled. Shops nearby. Hostel beds $32+, standard rooms $89-$119.
|Routes through White River Junction|
|St. Albans ← Montpelier ←||N S||→ Windsor → Springfield, MA|
|Burlington ← Montpelier ←||N S||→ Lebanon → Concord|
|St. Johnsbury ← Norwich ←||N S||→ Springfield, VT → Brattleboro|
|Rutland ← Quechee ←||W E||→ Lebanon → Concord|
|St. Johnsbury ← Norwich ←||N S||→ Windsor → Brattleboro|