North America > United States of America > New England > Vermont > Southern Vermont > White River Junction
White River Junction is a village on the Connecticut River in eastern Vermont. It is in the town of Hartford.
White River Junction is located at the junction of Interstate 89 and Interstate 91.
- Greyhound, Sykes Avenue. Phone: +1 802 295-3011, . Service from Boston Logan Airport and South Station to White River Junction. Several motels nearby, 15 minute walk to the center of White River Junction.
- Dartmouth Coach, Hanover/Lebanon: +1 603 448 2800, . Service from Boston Logan Airport, Boston South Station and New York City to Hanover (Dartmouth College) and Lebanon, both within ten miles of White River Junction.
- Advance Transit, +1 802 295-1824, . Serves the Upper Valley towns including Wilder, Norwich, Hanover, NH and West Lebanon, NH, Lebanon, Enfield and Canaan. All routes are free.
- Cape Air serves New Hampshire's Lebanon Municipal Airport, three miles from White River Junction. Flights to Boston Logan Airport and New York White Plains Airport.
- Amtrak stops in downtown White River Junction, with intrastate service between Burlington and Brattleboro and interstate service to cities between Springfield, Mass. and Washington, DC.
- Advance Transit bus service
- Get information about the area at the Tourist Information, located at the railway station.
- Main Street Museum, 58 Bridge St. Open Thursday through Sunday. All kinds of biological, mineralogical and historical artifacts.
- Tupelo Music Hall, 188 S. Main Street, ☎ .
- the Quechee Gorge
- See if you can follow along on a tour at the Center for Cartoon Studies, 94 South Main St. The CCS is a school that offers a two-year course of study that centers on the creation and dissemination of comics, graphic novels and other visual narratives. They have both a gallery and a library full of comics. To inform about the possibilities, call +1 802 295-3319. 
- Northern Stage Theatre, 58 N Main St, ☎ . , (Box Office)A 245-seat theatre playing everything from one-person acoustic concerts to fully staged theatrical productions.
- Great antiques selection in Quechee (village of Hartford).
- China Moon Buffet, 42 Sykes Avenue, ☎ .
- Tip Top Cafe, 85 N. Main Street, ☎ .
- AJ's Restaurant & Lounge, 40 Bowling Lane, ☎ . 1 Get an under $20 meal.
- C&S Pizza, 104 S Main St.
- There's a well stocked supermarket just across the bridge in Hartford. They have a nice salad bar at $5 per pound, great for a picnic.
- There are a few diners on the other side of the river in West Lebanon, a 15 minute walk. Shyrl's Diner has an OK breakfast, but don't order more than two pancakes! They're huge.
- Also in West Lebanon: Yama, 96 Main St., West Lebanon, +1 603 298-5477. Nice Korean/Japanese cuisine. Average price $12.95 for a main course. Closed on Mondays.
- Elixir Restaurant and Lounge, 188 South Main Street, ☎ .
- Tuckerbox, 1 South Main Street, ☎ .
- CJ's @ Than Wheeler's Tavern, 6 S Main St. A simple sports bar with both well known and local beers from tap and bottle.
- Tuckerbox, 1 S Main St. Open during daytime from Monday through Saturday. Get your coffee fix here: free wifi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 121 Ballardvale Road, ☎ .
- Hotel Coolidge, 39 S Main St, ☎ . Good place to stay in the old center of town, though a bit thin-walled. Shops nearby. Hostel beds $32+, standard rooms $89-$119.
|Routes through White River Junction|
|Montpelier ← Sharon ←||N S||→ Lebanon → Concord|
|Saint Johnsbury ← Norwich ←||N S||→ Bellows Falls → Brattleboro|
|Rutland ← Quechee ←||W E||→ Lebanon → Concord|
|Saint Johnsbury ← Norwich ←||N S||→ Windsor → Brattleboro|