Aberporth is a very popular small town in the county of Ceredigion in Mid Wales. It overlooks two sandy beaches and is one of Ceredigion's favourite holiday destinations, proving popular with tourists throughout Western Europe. Rock pools are exposed at low tides and the cliff top walks along the Ceredigion Coast offer extensive views.
Bottlenose dolphins are seen frequently close to shore. In 2006 orcas and harbour porpoises have also been seen but such sightings are rare. Even rarer was a turtle seen in 2005. Sunfish and basking sharks are often seen offshore in the summer.
Aberporth is also a popular recreational fishing village in the summer and is also popular with divers and boating people. It has two good beaches and has been awarded a blue flag for its beaches several years running due to the high water quality found in this area.
The town lies at the southern end of Cardigan Bay about six miles north of Cardigan and ten miles south of New Quay approximately two miles west of the A487, on the B4333 and about 2 miles from Tresaith.
- 1 Internal Fire Museum of Power, Castell Pridd, Tanygroes, ☏ . displays of internal combustion engines from 1911 to the present day.
- The Ship, Ffordd Yr Odyn, ☏ . Traditional Welsh pub food.
- 1 Over The Rainbow, SA43 2JD (B4333 near Gogerddan Arms pub), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Vegetarian guest house, 3 miles from Cardigan Bay coastline (Aberporth and Tresaith). Quite secluded guest house, a restored Georgian mansion nestled in 18 acres of garden and woodlands. Single from £45 Double £80-120.
- 2 Piggery Poke 4 star hostel, Ffrwdwenith Isaf, Felinwynt, Cardigan, SA43 1RW (On a loop off the coast path between Mwnt and Aberporth, near the village of Felinwynt), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 star hostel with 16 beds arranged as a double bunk with a single over in one room, 5 beds in a second room and 8 bunks in the third room, all with en suites. Pick-up/drop-off service available from points along the coast path. Cycle lock up and transport available. £21 per person per night.
- 3 Cardigan Coastal Cottages, Ffrwdwenith Isaf, Felinwynt, Cardigan, SA43 1RW (On the coast road, between Mwnt and Aberporth, near the village of Felinwynt), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Luxury 12 person farmhouse, offering both B&B and self-catering holidays. A large, luxury barn cottage sleeping up to 16 and a 2/4 person barn cottage, both available for self-catering breaks. From £35 per night B&B, £300 per week self catering.
- 4 Penbontbren, Glynarthen SA44 6PE (off A487), ☏ . Hidden gem of a B&B in a Victorian farmhouse. B&B double £100.