Adrian is a county seat of Lenawee County.
Adrian was founded on June 18, 1826 as Logan by Erie and Kalamazoo Railroad promoter Addison Comstock. His wife renamed it to its current name after Roman Emperor Hadrian. Even though it shaped up to be one of the motor capitals of the world from 1900 to 1912, it failed due to one company making bad financial decisions and the other to a fire at its plant. However, J. Wallace Page invented the first successful wire fence, making Adrian known from the late 1800s to the early 1900s as the fence capital of the world with one of the world's first fencing manufacturers.
- 1 [dead link] Lenawee County Airport (ADG IATA). A General aviation airport.
- Kiwanis Trail. A former railroad that's been converted to an 8 mile bicycle trail to Tecumseh, Michigan
- 1 Lenawee County Historical Museum & Archives, 110 E Church St, ✉ email@example.com. Open from 10AM; closed on Sundays & Mondays. Opened in 1972 and housed in Adrian's old Carnegie Library in 1980, the Lenawee County Historical Museum collects artifacts relating to Lenawee County and its place in Michigan's history.
- 2 Adrian College.
- 3 Governor Charles Croswell House.
- 4 Civil War Memorial.
- 5 Lenawee County Courthouse.
- 6 Clark Memorial Hall.
- 7 Adrian Engine House No. 1. A historic fire station building.
- 1 [dead link] Adrian Mall. The mall, which opened in 1970, has suffered from roof issues and water damage and was closed in June 2020. Two stores, the Hobby Lobby and Dunham's Sports, remain open while Corta Development plans to remodel the rest of the mall.
- El Chapulin Restaurant, 118 S Winter St, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-11PM; Fr Sa 11AM-12AM; Su 4PM-9PM. A Mexican cuisine restaurant. $1.50 to 11.00.
- JR's Grill & Pub, 1368 Division Street, ☏ .
- Hooligan's Grill, 113 East Maumee Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open from 11AM. A recently established (2013) Irish-German bar and grill with a menu that is supplied by 75-85% Michigan farmers, and a draft beer selection that is focused on local and regional craft breweries.
- [dead link] Flying Otter Vineyard & Winery, 3402 Chase Road, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Sa Su 12PM-5PM; F 5PM-9PM. Specializes in growing cold climate variety grapes. Free wine tastings. $10-30.
The area code is 517.
|Routes through Adrian|
|END ← Jct N S ←||N S||→ Jct N S → END|
|Chelsea ← Jct W E ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ becomes → Jct → Jct|