- 1 Beinn na Caillich (Red Hills). summit (732 metres) is adorned by an especially large cairn
There are a few local shops including the super-friendly Mor Books secondhand bookshop, the Co-op supermarket, and the Post Office.
There are many fine places to eat in Broadford.
If you want to picnic, the ingredients can be bought at the local Co-op supermarket, which also has a filling station.
The town has an excellent butchers and, so I am told a more than adequate Fish and Chip shop serving quite a wide range of fast food.
- Creelers. one of the better places to eat on Skye. Their Gumbo is both excellent and not for the faint hearted, but you can try before you buy.
- Broadford Backpackers Hostel, ☎ . A cheap and cosy hostel conveniently located near close to the main bus stops for Broadford. Has a kitchen and dining room as well as a separate lounge area with free internet access. Mixed Dorm: £15-£18.80; Double/Twin: £37-47.
- Kyle of Lochalsh — on the mainland; is close by and offers the full range of tourist services, e.g. post office, banks, petrol filling station, swimming pool and gym, restaurants, hotels, boat trips and a great fish and chip shop.
- Elgol — take road B8083 by car
|Routes through Broadford|
|Portree ←||W S||→ Kyleakin → Kyle of Lochalsh|