There is an airfield near the village but has not commercial flights.
- 1 Beinn na Caillich (Red Hills). summit (732 metres) is adorned by an especially large cairn
There are a few local shops including the super-friendly Mor Books secondhand bookshop, the Co-op supermarket, and the Post Office.
There are many fine places to eat in Broadford.
If you want to picnic, the ingredients can be bought at the local Co-op supermarket, which also has a filling station.
The town has an excellent butchers.
- 1 Creelers, Lower Harrapool, ☎ . one of the better places to eat on Skye. French country dishes alongside Cajun style seafood. Their Gumbo is both excellent and not for the faint hearted, but you can try before you buy.
- 2 The Waterfront Fish & Chip Shop & Takeaway, Shore Rd, ☎ . a more than adequate Fish and Chip shop serving quite a wide range of fast food.
- 3 Red Skye Restaurant, The Old Schoolhouse, Breakish (near Broadford), ☎ . Specialises in home cooked highland fare. A favourite with locals!
- 1 Broadford Backpackers Hostel, High Rd, ☎ . A cheap and cosy hostel conveniently located near close to the main bus stops for Broadford. Has a kitchen and dining room as well as a separate lounge area with free internet access. Mixed Dorm: £15-£18.80; Double/Twin: £37-47.
- 2 Broadford Youth Hostel, ☎ .
- 3 Broadford Hotel, Torrin Road,, ☎ .
- 4 Kinloch Lodge, Sleat, IV43 8QY, ☎ . Located at Sleat, cozy, seven room lodge for when you need to get away from it all.
- Kyle of Lochalsh — on the mainland; is close by and offers the full range of tourist services, e.g. post office, banks, petrol filling station, swimming pool and gym, restaurants, hotels, boat trips and a great fish and chip shop.
- Elgol — take road B8083 by car
|Routes through Broadford|
|Portree ←||W S||→ Kyleakin → Kyle of Lochalsh|