Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Buckfast Abbey. Buckfast Abbey forms part of an active Benedictine monastery at Buckfastleigh, Devon, England. Dedicated to Saint Mary, it was founded in 1018 and run by the Cistercian order from 1147 until it was destroyed under the Dissolution of the Monasteries. In 1882 monks began living there again, and today it is a Benedictine foundation.
- 1 South Devon Railway, TQ11 0DZ. Daily Apr - Oct + some other days 4+ trains per day. 7 mile steam railway to Totnes £12.40 return.
- 1 Riverford Field Kitchen, Wash Barn, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 0LD (Coming from Exeter or Plymouth: Come off the A38 at Buckfastleigh and take the A384 for Totnes. The Dartbridge Inn is on your left. Take the third exit on the left (after approximately 1.5 miles). In advance look for a black lorry sign, which says 'Riverford Organics'. The junction itself, which comes soon after a sharp left hand bend, is marked Landscove and Woolston Green. Turn left and continue along this road for approximately half a mile. You will pass two cottages on your left and then an entrance to a green lane. Take the next turning left down the concrete drive to the farm car park on the right.), ☏ . The Field Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant, where you enjoy freshly-picked organic produce. To complete the connection between the field and the plate, you can have a guided farm tour, giving a chance to see how and where the vegetables grow. They also offer a self-guided walk so you can wander around at your own pace. Lunch & guided tour adults/children £19.95/10.50, lunch £15.95/7.95, supper £18.50/9.75, guided farm tours £5/£4, lunch (2 courses) £17.50/8.75, supper (3 courses) £22.50/11.25.
- Buckfast Tonic Wine. A strong tonic wine which the monks began making (to a French recipe) in the 1890s. Made by the monks of Buckfast Abbey
- Abbey Inn, 30 Buckfast Road, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 OEA (Follow signs for Buckfast Abbey from A38 Devon Expressway), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Riverside inn with 9 rooms. Canoeing and fishing offered as activities. Free wifi. Single room £45-59/night; double and twin rooms £55-79/night.
- Dartbridge Inn (Old English Inns), Totnes Road, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 0JR (Just off the A38 Devon Expressway), ☏ , ✉ Dartbridge.Buckfastleigh@greeneking.co.uk. Check-in: Until midnight. 7 double and 3 twin rooms in a characterful Devonshire inn. Dogs welcome. From £65/night.
- Furzeleigh Mill, Dartbridge, Old Ashburton Road, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 0JP, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 16th-century corn mill, now a 14-bedroom 3-star hotel £59-99/night.
|Routes through Buckfastleigh|
|Plymouth ←||SW NE||→ Exeter|