North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Northeast Massachusetts > North Shore (Massachusetts) > DanversJump to navigation Jump to search
Danvers [dead link] is a town in Massachusetts. A large part of the town was formerly named "Salem Village" and was where most of the accusers in the 1692 witch hysteria lived. The trials took place in neighboring Salem.
- 1 Glen Magna Farms, Ingersoll Street, ☏ . M-F 9AM-dusk, Sa,Su 9AM-noon. Elaborate mansion and summer house with outstanding gardens. $2 donation. Guided tours May-July with reservations ($15).
- 2 Judge Samuel Holten House, 171 Holten Street, ☏ . Open by appointment.
- 3 Rebecca Nurse Homestead, 149 Pine Street, ☏ . May-June F-Su 10AM-3PM. July-August W-Su 10AM-3PM. Sept-Oct F-Su 10AM-3PM. Learn about colonial life and the infamous events of the witch trial era. Adults $8, under age 16 $5.
- 4 Putnam House, 431 Maple Street. Major General Israel Putnam, American commander at Bunker Hill was born here in 1718. "Old Put" was famous for his command, "Don't fire 'til you see the whites of their eyes."
- 1 CoCo Key Water Park Boston North Shore. ,
- 2 Sky Zone Danvers. - located in Danvers
- AMC Lowes Theaters, 100 Independence Way, ☏ . 20 theaters including 1 IMAX theater. Great theater with good snacks, food, and friendly service. A lot of fun for midnight shows and premieres.
- Connors Farm, 30 Valley Road, ☏ . M-Su until frost 9AM-6PM. Pick your own of everything they have. Strawberries, raspberries, fresh flowers, peaches, blueberries, apples and pumpkins. Prices depend.
- Corn Maze, 30 Valley Road, ☏ . M-S in September 9AM-6PM; F-Sa in October 9AM-10PM; Su & Holiday's 9AM-6PM. Different pattern for the maze every year. Made famous from being in the news when a family called the police to come and help them out of the maze after being in there for only around 20mins. $9.50 all ages. Special prices for Halloween, haunted, and night time in the corn maze.
- Danvers Fireworks Festival, Plains Park Holten Richmond Middle School, 7PM-10:30PM/fireworks start at 9:30PM, +1 978-777-0001 ext. 4. Live music, games, attractions, crafts, food. Attend by the locals and surrounding towns. Seasonal in July.
- Danvers Oldies Night, Danvers Square, 6PM-9PM, +1 978-777-0001 ext. 4. Street fair with live music, food stands, raffles, airbrush tattoos, ice cream, and it is 1950s themed. Great family fun. Seasonal in June.
- Laser Quest, 139 Endicott Street, ☏ . M private events; Tu-Th 4PM-9PM; F 4PM-11PM; Sa 10AM-11PM; Su 11AM-7PM. Live action multilevel laser tag. Great for the family. $9 general. $6 members.
- Ice Cream Scoop-Ahh-Bowl, Endicott Park, 12PM-3PM, +1 978-777-0001 ext. 4. Music, ice cream, rides and pie eating contest.Sample ice cream from many local ice cream parlors. $5 for all you can eat ice cream $8 for ice cream and rides all day.
- [formerly dead link] Monster Mini-Golf, 10 Newbury Street, ☏ . Tu-Th 12PM-9PM; F-Sa 12PM-10PM; Su 12PM-8PM. 18 hole glow in the dark mini-golf course, arcade with tickets for prizes, and very family friendly. Adults $7.50, Children $6.50.
- nearby Topsfield Fair, 207 Boston Street, opening day 1PM-11PM; all other days 10AM-11PM,+1 978-887-5000. Rides like a Ferris wheel and the zipper, games for prizes, food stands, booths, animals, petting zoo, elephant and camel to ride, beekeeping, flowers fruits and vegetables, largest pumpkin contest, concerts and more. Weekday tickets $10, Weekends $12, (Children under 8 with an adult are FREE), Parking $10.
- Cakes For Occasions, 57 Maple Street, ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-6PM. Owner Kelly Delaney is recognized as one of the nations baking experts. Featured on NBC's Today Show Destination Wedding Segment, Boston’s Fox 25 Morning News, TV Diner, and partnered with King Arthur Flour to kick-off their Baking Across America campaign. Great for cakes, pastries and cookies. Nut-free baking. Enjoyed by all Danvers locals.
- Lorraine Roy, 30 Maple Street, ☏ . Tu 10AM-5PM; W-Th 10AM-7PM; F 10AM-5PM. High fashion couture. Sells dresses, shoes, and other fashionable items. Great personalized service from the staff. Custom made dresses in sizes raging from 0-32. Great for weddings and proms. Go in advanced to leave time for dresses to be made.
- Liberty Tree Mall, 100 Independence Way, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM; Su 12PM-6PM. Has many shopping stores to chose from; A.C.Moore, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Home Depot, Kohl's, Marshall's, Michaels, Nordstrom Rack, Off Broadway, Old Navy, Pier 1 Imports, Sports Authority, Staples, Target, Wet Seal etc. Also has many places to eat; Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera Bread, Dunkin' Donuts, the Food Court. The Liberty Tree Mall also includes one of the towns two movie theaters, AMC.
- Chuck's Restaurant, 68 Maple Street, ☏ . Open for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Diner atmosphere. A local favorite, great food, and very reasonably priced.
- Daily Harvest Cafe, 103 High Street, ☏ . M-F 6AM-8PM; Sa 7AM-8PM; Su 8AM-8PM. Natural, organic, low-calorie, vegetarian, sugar-free food. Known for its Harvest Berry (frozen yogurt), wraps, and coffee.
- Goodies Ice Cream, 46 Maple Street, ☏ . Daily 12PM-10PM. Family owned 50s themed ice cream parlor. Sells ice cream, candy, pies, cakes, and food like hot dogs and popcorn. Offers discounts to North shore sports teams and caters parties.
- Hong Kong Cafe, 12 Maple Street, ☏ . Su-W 11:30AM-9PM; Th-Sa 11:30AM-11PM. Szechuan and Cantonese food. Two time winner of the Readers Choice Award. Colorful interior and great food. Known for having a "Health Food Special Menu" that has steamed dishes with little oil and no sauce.
- New Brothers Restaurant and Deli, 31 Maple Street, ☏ . M-Sa 6AM-9PM; Su 6AM-8PM. Greek and American Food. Offers great salads, sandwiches and daily lunch specials. Warm environment, large portions, and friendly staff.
- Supremes Roast Beef, 18 Maple Street, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-11:30PM; F-Sa 11AM-12AM; Su 11AM-10:30PM. The first Roast Beef shop in town, loved by the locals and reasonably priced. Located in Downtown Danvers.
- Texas Road House, 301 Newbury Street, ☏ . M-Th 4PM-1PM; F 4PM-11PM; S 11:30AM-11PM; Su 11:30AM-9:30PM. Award winning food and service. Manager Jon, works hard to make everyone feel welcome. Known for their steaks, ribs, fresh-baked rolls, and ice cold beer. Entertainment from the line dancers and very friendly service. Also has a large beer and cocktail menu.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 100 Independence Way, ☏ . Everyday 11AM-1AM. Home of 'tablegating'. Great sports bar with a great drink menu. Great promotions like 50cent Wing Tuesdays. Also known for there 20 different sauces and seasonings for their famous wings. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sylvan Street Grille, 12 Sylvan Street, ☏ . M-Sa 11:30AM-12:30AM; Su 9AM-12:30AM. Sponsored by Bud Light. Great drink menu. Town favorite for football and just grabbing a drink. Many popular events and promotions like Bud Light Football. On the border of Danvers and Peabody.
- Courtyard Boston Danvers, 275 Independence Way, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . New England Colonial style hotel with upgraded bathrooms, larger workspaces, and free Internet access.
- Motel 6 Boston - Danvers, 65 Newbury Street/US Route 1 North, ☏ , fax: .
- Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, 51 Newbury Street, Route 1, ☏ , fax: . Free HomeTouch hot breakfast buffet daily, nightly social events, and free high speed Internet.
- TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers, 238 Andover Street, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Suite layouts with fully equipped kitchens, on site laundry facilities, and a seasonal outdoor swimming
|Routes through Danvers|
|Portsmouth ← Boxford ←||N S||→ Peabody → Boston via|
|Newburyport ← Topsfield ←||N S||→ Peabody → Boston|
|Concord ← Middleton ←||W E||→ Beverly → Ends at|
|Lawrence ← Middleton ←||W E||→ Peabody → Marblehead|
|Gloucester ← Beverly ←||N S||→ Peabody → Boston|