- Kangaroo Lake - Located almost in the center of the peninsula, between the two shores, close to Baileys Harbor.
Considered the Cape Cod of the Midwest, Door County is situated on a peninsula on Lake Michigan and is a very popular destination for vacations. The peninsula offers a unique mix of leisure, recreation, and natural beauty. The culture has a rich history of the arts, with more than 80 cultural establishments within the county, including galleries, museums, and theatres. Many offer courses to enjoy while vacationing there. For the nature lovers, Door County offers five state parks, over 300 miles of shoreline, and more than a dozen conservation areas. The ten lighthouses on the peninsula are popular attractions to history and nautical buffs.
- Door County Visitor Bureau, 1015 Green Bay Rd, Sturgeon Bay, toll-free: . Door County's visitor information centers offer maps, brochures and other information for tourists. The Visitor Center Lobby is open 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week. The Visitor Center is staffed weekdays from 8:30 to 5:00 and week-ends from 10:00 to 4:00. Winter office hours: M-F 8:30 to 4:30.
- Austin Straubel International Airport (GRB IATA) in Green Bay.
- American Eagle
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- United Express
- Cherryland Airport, SUE.
- Washington Island Landing Strip, 2P2.
- Gibraltar Airport (Landing Strip), 3D2, Ephraim.
Car is probably the only real practical way of getting around, but biking is great in the state parks and on Washington Island
- Peninsula State Park The state's third largest state park, Peninsula, like Door County, is itself on a small peninsula jutting into Green Bay. It offers much, including numerous campgrounds, an observation tower, beaches, steep bluffs, an amphitheater, and a golf course. The observation tower has knockout park views. Main entrance is through Fish Creek
Washington Island is a must-do adventure! Get on the ferry at Northport Pier at the tip of the Door County Peninsula. It's $10 per person, and $24 for a car round trip. It is not necessary to take a car; once on the island, walk just a short distance to Annie's Rentals to rent a moped (get there early before they sell out). They're $90/day, and well worth the splurge! Very easy to ride, even for someone who's never driven a motorcycle - if you can ride a bike, you can ride these. Spending the whole day riding around the island is a very romantic and fun adventure.
Kayak Door County. Seeing Cave Point with a kayak is a real adventure! Door County Kayak Tours +1 920 868-1400 at 8442 Hwy 42 Fish Creek, WI 54212 to go on a Tour of Caves, Lighthouses, and Shipwrecks.
Kayak the Nature Conservancy owned Mink River Estuary in Rowley's Bay. Gravity Trails +1 920 854-9292
Cave Point Paddle and Pedal explores Cave Point County Park with guided eco-tours using zodiacs, kayaks and paddle boards.
Cave Point Paddle and Pedal offer surrey bike rentals
Fred and Fuzzy's in Sister Bay on Tuesday nights hosts "The Nicks"Nick Steingart Project...Don't miss it, great dancing with the sunset.
- Al Johnson's Restaurant, Sister Bay, Wisconsin. A Swedish restaurant and a connected gift shop. Tempting are the Swedish pancakes served with lingonberries, waffles piled high with strawberries and whipped cream, Swedish meatballs and Swedish fruit soup. As an added attraction, the restaurant is housed in a building with a Scandinavian-style sod roof. Goats are on the roof from mid morning to late afternoon every day, "cutting the grass" and provide great photo opportunities. moderate.
- Wilson's Diner. A Door County tradition for over a century. A 50s style restaurant and soda fountain.
- Shipwrecked Brewpub. Door County's only microbrewery. It also had a restaurant and inn. (It burned down in 2017, with plans to reopen - but possibly not until Summer '19).
- Door County Confectionery. Another Door County Favorite. Sample some fudge, or purchase from a variety of candies. Several locations, but the original is in Ephraim.
- Drink Coffee, Sister Bay. 7AM. Coffee shop and cafe with homemade bakery and awesome cookies! Organic coffee and teas and wi-fi. It's definitely a place to catch up with the world while vacationing or watch it drift by sitting outside with a book.
- 1 von Stiehl Winery (von stiehl winery), 115 Navarino St, Algoma, WI 54201 (From Green Bay: Take Hwy 54 east to Algoma. Continue straight on 54 until you reach the lake. Turn left at the stop sign (Intersection of Hwy 42 & 54) and drive about a block. Follow the Y intersection (Co S) to the right and continue on it until you reach Navarino Street. Turn right just before the bridge (on Navarino), the winery is on the left.), toll-free: . 9AM to 5PM. Take a tour of the winery. Tours and tastings are offered May through October. The winery store is open year-round, seven days a week. Tour: $3.75.
- Rowleys Bay Resort, 1041 County Rd, Ellison Bay, ☏ . Affordable Lake Michigan waterfront destination resort with Rowleys Bay Restaurant, Grandma's Swedish Bakery, Rowley's Pub, pool, marina, and more. Boating, fishing, 100 acres of private hiking, cross-country skiing trails, Segway tours, zip-lining and kayaking tours. Only all you can eat fish boil buffet in Door County.
- Alpine Resort, ☏ . Scenic Route G, Egg Harbor. Open since 1921, this resort is on the shoreline and has its own golf course. Both an inn and private cottages are available.
- Beachfront Inn at Bailey's Harbor, toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Hwy 57 P.O. Box 398, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202. Offers great rooms with views on Lake Michigan. Amenities include heated indoor pool, cable, high speed wireless internet. Pet friendly.
- High Point Inn, 10386 Water Street, ☏ , fax: . High Point Inn offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom resort suites at discount prices.
- Nordic Lodge, 2721 Hwy 42, Sister Bay, toll-free: , fax: . Nordic Lodge has 33 rooms and one deluxe suite, all non-smoking. Amenities include free wireless internet, complimentary breakfast, indoor pool/whirlpool.
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, 4303 Bayshore Dr, toll-free: , fax: . Beautiful lodging in Sturgeon Bay.
Door County offers campers a choice of 5 state parks.
- Rock Island State Park
- Newport State Park
- Potawatomi State Park
- Whitefish Bay Dunes State Park
- Ahnapee State Trail
Bike off of the Highway on the inner roads of the peninsula.
- The city of Green Bay has numerous sightseeing options, like the National Railway Museum and Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame