Douglas is on a number of Cork City bus routes:
- 206: Grange - Douglas - Turner's Cross - Cork City Centre
- 207: Donnybrook - Douglas - Cork City Centre - Ballyvolane
- 216: Mount Oval - Maryborough - Douglas - Cork City Centre - Glasheen - Cork University Hospital
- 219: Mahon - Douglas - Turner's Cross - Ballyphehane - The Lough - Glasheen - Cork University Hospital - Bishopstown - Cork Institute of Technology
- 220: Carrigaline - Douglas - Cork City Centre - University College Cork - Model Farm Road - Ballincollig
- 220A: Fountainstown - Crosshaven - Carrigaline - Douglas - Cork City Centre - University College Cork - Model Farm Road - Ballincollig
- 223: Cork City Centre - Douglas - Rochestown - Monkstown - Haulbowline
A taxi from Cork City Centre costs between €7 and €12 depending on location in Douglas. From Kent Railway Station, the fare is €10-€15. A taxi from Cork Airport is €15-€20.
Nowhere in Douglas is more than 30 minutes walk from its commercial centre, so this can be the most convenient way to get around.
All major roads out of Douglas are served by a bus route
- Douglas Road - 207, 216, 220, 220A, 223
- South Douglas Road - 206, 219
- Grange Road - 206
- Donnybrook Hill - 207
- Carr's Hill - 216
- Maryborough Hill - 220, 220A, 216 (South of Maryborough Hotel only)
- Rochestown Road - 223
- Well Road - 219
- Douglas cinema, ☏ .
- McDonald's, ☏ . 24 hours. Restaurant and drive-through.
- Subway, 3 Main St, Douglas East, ☏ . 07:00-22:30.
- Barry's of Douglas, Douglas East, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 09:30-23:30; F 09:30-02:00; Sa 11:00-02:00; Su 12:00-23:00. Bar food available.
- Rochestown Park Hotel (Follow the Rochestown Road (R610) from Douglas Village. Alternatively, use the 223 bus), ☏ .
- Maryborough Hotel and Spa (Follow Maryborough Hill (L6477) from Douglas Village or use 216, 220 or 220A bus), ☏ .
- East Village Hotel (Located in the centre of Douglas, 1 block from the main street), ☏ .