There are four major airports within 140 miles of Jackson. Logan Airport in Boston is an international airport with the greatest selection of carriers and service. We suggest you check fares and service to each airport to find the best to suit your schedule and budget.
- Boston, MA (IATA: BOS) (140 miles) Aer Lingus, Air Canada/Air Canada Jazz, Air France, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, American, American Eagle, British Airways, Cape Air, CaymanAirways, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Delta Connection/Com Air, Delta Shuttle, Finnair, flyGlobespan, JetBlue Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, SATA, Southwest, Spirit, Swiss, United, United Express, US Airways Shuttle, US Airways, US Airways Express, Virgin Atlantic Airways.
- Portland (Maine) (IATA: PWM) (70 miles) Delta, JetBlue, United, US Airways.
- Manchester (New Hampshire) (MHT) (115 miles) Air Canada, Comair, Delta, JetBlue, Soutwest, United, USAirways.
- Burlington (Vermont) (IATA: BTV) (140 miles) Delta, JetBlue, United, USAirways.
Concord Trailways offers service from Logan Airport and South Station in Boston to the Covered Bridge in Jackson.
Public transportation is limited in this area so you should have a car to get around. Beware of moose and deer when driving particularly around dawn and dusk. Here are some approximate mileages from major cities:
- Portland, ME - 70 miles
- Portsmouth, NH - 85 miles
- Manchester, NH - 115 miles
- Canadian Border - 115 miles
- Boston, MA - 140 miles
- Burlington, VT - 140 miles
- Providence, RI - 200 miles
- Montreal, PQ - 235 miles
- Hartford, CT - 245 miles
- Ottawa, ON - 325 miles
- New York City - 350 miles
- Washington, DC - 550 miles
Directions from three major cities:
From Boston, MA: (approx. 3 hours - 140 miles) Take interstate 95 North to the Spaulding Turnpike/Route 16 North. From Portsmouth, NH travel approximately 80 miles on Rte. 16 North to Conway. Continue on Rte. 16 through North Conway, Intervale and Glen. In Glen, turn right and remain on Rte. 16 North and travel 2 miles to Jackson Village Rte 16A. Turn right and follow through the RED COVERED BRIDGE and into Jackson village.
From Portland, ME: (approx. 1.5 hours - 70 miles) Take US Route 302 West to Glen, NH. In Glen turn right to remain on Rte. 16 North and travel 2 miles to Jackson Village Rte 16A. Turn right and follow through the RED COVERED BRIDGE and into Jackson village.
From New York City, NY: (approx. 6 hours - 347 miles) Take interstate 95 North to I-91 North to I-84 East to I-90 (Mass Pike). Take I-90 East to I-495 North to I-95 North. Follow I-95 North to the Spaulding Turnpike/Rte 16 North. From Portsmouth, NH travel approximately 80 miles on Rte. 16 North to Conway. Continue on Rte. 16 through North Conway, Intervale and Glen. In Glen, turn right and remain on Rte. 16 North and travel 2 miles to Jackson Village Rte 16A. Turn right and follow through the red covered bridge and into Jackson village.
Public transportation is limited in this area so you should have a car to get around. Beware of moose and deer when driving particularly around dawn and dusk.
- Car rental agencies are available at all airports and in major city center locations. The only local car rental agency is Enterprise Rent-A-Car located in North Conway, NH.
- Local taxi service is available; however, it must be scheduled in advance and may be somewhat expensive.
In winter be sure to make plans to get outdoors and downhill ski one of 250 trails in the area; cross country ski from our door on the #1 touring center in the East; take a guided snowshoe nature walk; snow tube; ice skate indoors or out; go dashing through the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh ride then end your day relaxing in front of a warm fireplace! Numerous winter events are held in the village each year.
In summer explore the endless miles of trails in the White Mountain National Forest by foot or mountain bike; kayak or canoe area rivers and lakes; cycle the country roads; take scenic drives to visit local covered bridges, farmers' market in the village square, cascades and waterfalls; attend a summer theatre performance at one of three theatre companies; enjoy a free concert outdoors under the stars; fly fish or just relax in one of the cool mountain streams. Be sure to take the kids to Story Land, a popular children's theme park for over 50 years and just a few miles away!
In Fall enjoy the classic white-steepled New England villages painted every shade of red, yellow and orange. Shuffle through the fallen leaves as you stroll through Jackson stopping at shops and galleries along the way.
Anytime of the year, you can visit over 200 name brand outlets, specialty stores, antique shops and art galleries. Shopping everywhere in New Hampshire is tax-free! Plan an escape to just getaway and enjoy a massage, find time to read your next book, or simply just enjoy the view!
- Jackson Historical Society, Main Street, ☎ , e-mail: info@JacksonNHhistory.org. The Jackson Historical Society was formed in April of 1977 by a group of townspeople whose interest was to preserve the history of Jackson. Don't forget to attend the society's annual fall art show!
- Conway Scenic Railroad, Main Street, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether you choose one of the Valley routes to Conway or Bartlett, or the legendary Crawford Notch excursion, you'll experience the excitement of rail travel.
- Mount Washington Observatory, Main St, ☎ . An exciting hands-on museum dedicated to the manned weather station atop Mt. Washington and our environment.
- Mt. Washington Auto Road, Route 16, Pinkham Notch, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The oldest manmade attraction-drive the road to the sky to the summit of the Northeast's highest peak or take a guided tour.
- Great Glen Trails, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer mountain biking, climbing wall and kayaking.
- Wildcat Mountain Gondola Skyride, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Mt. Washington Cog Railway, Base Road, Bretton Woods, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A ride up Mount Washington on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway remains, as it has for well over a century, an exciting and unforgettable experience.
- Nestlenook Estate and Resort, 66 Dinsmore Rd, ☎ . Nestlenook is located in a small, secluded area with many recreation activities including: fly fishing on the Ellis River, sleigh rides and snow shoeing around the park as well as ice skating on the pond. It is a beautiful setting, both during the day and at night, with fires located all around the skating pond at night to keep warm, along with freshly popped popcorn, hot chocolate, hot cider and a warming house.
- Black Mountain, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The oldest ski resort in New Hampshire.
- Wildcat Mountain, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Wildcat Mountain was voted #1 Scenery in North America, and Top 10 in the East for Terrain.
- Jackson Ski Touring, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Cross country network of trails connecting the various lodging properties in the Village and surroung countryside.
- Great Glen Trails, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cross country ski, snowtube, SnowCoach rides up Mt. Washington.
- Eagle Mountain Golf Course, ☎ , e-mail: Info@eaglemt.com. Golf on one of New Hampshire's prettiest 9-hole courses that winds along the Wildcat River, featuring elevated tees and spectacular views from every hole. Affordable, un-crowded and family friendly.
Village of Jackson offers a collection of small shops, art galleries, and boutiques.
- Settlers' Green Outlet Village, Rt 16 North Conway, toll-free: . An extensive collection of name-brand outlets offering bargains and tax-free shopping!
- Highfields Tavern, 179 Carter Notch Rd, ☎ . Here you'll dine in the tradition of true New England hospitality. Period chandaliers, rich woodwork and panoramic views create an environment of casual dining. Classic New England cuising is prepared with fresh and local ingredients. Menus are varied according to season and freshness. Their famous Sunday Champagne Brunch, just $17.95, is accompanied by live soft music and is a grand feast for guests and locals alike.
- The Red Fox Bar and Grille. The Red Fox Bar and Grille is a great restaurant for both kids and adults to enjoy. There is a movie room and play room for children to benefit from, along with a bar and sports room for adults. On the menu, you can find anything from soups and salads, to specialties on the grill, to pizza and burgers. Aside from their known delicious brick oven pizza, they are also known for their Sunday morning all you can eat breakfast buffet from 7:30AM-1PM. The Red Fox is open 7 days a week, serving full menu dinner starting at 4PM.
- The Tavern, 179 Carter Notch Rd, ☎ . This popular tavern is embellished with antique photographs and vintage appointments, and features create libations and lighter dining fare. This is a favorite meeting spot and hosts lively gatherings each aftrnoon and evening.
- Carter Notch Inn, Carter Notch Rd, toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. A beautifully located Bed and Breakfast overlooking the Wildcat River & in the heart of the White Mountains. Online booking
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club, 179 Carter Notch Rd, ☎ , toll-free: . Member of Historic Hotels of America with 93 rooms. This historic hotel offers spectaular scenery, casual comforts, graceful dining, a grand veranda, golf course, and awesome adventures. This hotel is affordable, un-crowded and family friendly.
- The Inn At Ellis River, 17 Harriman Rd, toll-free: .
- The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, 40 Thorn Hill Rd, ☎ . Award Winning 4 Diamond Inn & Spa Resort. Private cottages available. Breakfast & Dinner included in your room rate. $169-$440.
- The Wentworth Elegant Country Inn, 1 Carter Notch Rd, toll-free: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. An elegant country inn offering unique lodging accommodations and fine dining year round. Accommodations range from standard lodging to deluxe rooms and charming suites. All deluxe rooms have beautiful king sleigh or four poster beds and each are equipped with a gas fireplace. Oversized Jacuzzi tubs and private outdoor hot tubs are also available for guests to enjoy. Fully-equipped condominiums with two and three bedrooms are also available for rent.
- Whitney Inn at Black Mountain, 5 Mile Circuit Road, Jackson, N.H., toll-free: .
|Routes through Jackson|
|Berlin ← Gorham ←||N S||→ Glen → Portsmouth|