Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East of England > Norfolk (England) > Wells-next-the-Sea
Wells-next-the-Sea is a town on the Norfolk Coast.
Wells-next-the-Sea is a village on the North Norfolk coast, part of the Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
National Cycle Route 1. A loop of cycle path runs through the village, the main route running just ½ mile to the S.
The town is small enough to walk around.
- Seals. From Morston, take a ferry to see the seals at Blakeney Point for listing and further information of seal colony and viewing trips.
- 1 Holkham National Nature Reserve. At 3,900 hectares (9,600 acres), England's largest national nature reserve, comprising of grazing marsh, woodland, salt marsh, sand dunes and foreshore.
- 2 Holkham Hall, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1AB, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit hall, gardens, deer park, cycle hire, boat hire, children's play area, cafe.
- 1 Wells and Walsingham Light Railway, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Narrow gauge heritage railway with 4 miles of track. Steam and diesel engines. Passenger service.
- 2 Wells Railway Station (Station for Wells and Walsingham Light Railway.), Wells Next-the-Sea, NR23 1QB, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Beach, Beach Rd, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1DR. Sandy beach (for beach lovers)
- 1 Natural East, The Quay, 2 Pauls Maltings, Wells-Next-The-Sea, NR23 1AH, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Gift shop selling Asian product (rugs, jewellery, statues, furniture and toys).
- 2 Co-op (Convenience store & supermarket), Polka Road, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1JG, ☏ . M-Sa 07:00-22:00. Su 10:00-16:00. ATM, in-store café (different hours)
- 3 Whin Hill Norfolk Cider, The Ciderworks, Stearman’s Yard, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1BW, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Cider, perry and apple juice from local produce.
The village also has many gift shops around and to the S or the Quay.
- 1 The Globe Inn (Restaurant & hotel), The Buttlands, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1EU, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 The Picnic Hut (Coffee & sandwich bar), 73 Staithe Street Wells Next The Sea,NR23 1AN, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M,F&Su 10:00-16:00. Sa 10:00-16:30. Coffee & sandwich bar
- 3 Wells Crab House (Seafood Restaurant), 38 Freeman Street, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1BA, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Sa 12:00-14:30. & 18:00-21:00. Su 12:00-15:00.
- 4 Fortune House Chinese Take Away, 16 Northfield Ln, Wells-Next-The-Sea, NR23 1LQ, ☏ .
- 1 Beach Café, Beach Road, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1DR (Close to beach, 1½ miles N of village.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 The Golden Fleece (Pub), The Quay, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1AH, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Su 09:00–0:00. Breakfast 09:00–11:30. Full menu 12:00–21:00.. Also serves food.
- 3 The Albatros, The Quay, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1AT, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Former Dutch cargo ship built in 1899. Now permanently moored alongside the Quay and used as a bar, restaurant, music venue and B&B.
- 4 Bang (Cafe, bar, rooms), 2 Staithe St, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1AF, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Su 08:30-17:00.
- 5 The Edinburgh Inn (Pub, restaurant, B&B), 6a Station Rd, Wells-next-the-sea, NR23 1AE, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Morston Hall, Morston, Holt, NR25 7AA, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 The Old Custom House (B&B & Self-Catering), East Quay, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1LD, ☏ . £110 (incl. breakfast).
- 3 The Cobblers Guest House, Standard Road, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1JU, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Peak season: £52.50 (surcharges e.g. single occupancy, etc.).
- 4 Arch House B&B, 50 Mill Rd, Wells next the Sea, NR23 1DB, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 5 Blue Skies Camping, Stiffkey Road, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1QB, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Also bike rental.
- 6 High Sand Creek, Vale Farm, The Greenway, Stiffkey, NR23 1QF, ☏ . Tents, small campervans and motorhomes. No caravans.
- 1 Nearest Accident & Emergency: The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Casualty or the Emergency Room), Gayton Road, King's Lynn, PE30 4ET (26 miles to SW). 24/7.
- 2 Wells Health Centre (GP or Primary Healthcare), Bolts Close, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1JP, ☏ . M 08:30-10:50 & 14:00-15:30 & 16:10-17:40. Tu 08:30-10:50 & 14.30-17:40. W 08:30-10:50 & 14.30-17:00. Th 07:30-10:50 & 14:30-15:30 & 16:10-17:40. F 08:30-10:50 & 16:10-17:40.
- 3 Nearest Dentist: Wensum Dental Practice, 65 Norwich Road, Fakenham, NR21 8BA (11 miles S of village), ☏ , ✉ info@WensumDentalPractice.co.uk.
- 4 David Jagger Ltd (Pharmacy), 5-7 Staithe St, Wells-Next-The-Sea, NR23 1AG, ☏ . M-F 09:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:00. Sa 09:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:00.
- 5 Post Office, Station Rd, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1AA. M-Sa 09:00-17:30.