Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Turn off the A540 at the B5134 and B5136 junctions
- 1 Neston railway station, Ladies Walk, Neston, Cheshire. CH64 9SR. Monday-Sunday: 24 hours.
- 1 Hadlow Road railway station, Hadlow Road, Willaston (on the Wirral Way, about three kilometres east of Neston). A preserved railway station on the former Hooton to West Kirby line
- 2 Ness Botanic Gardens, Ness (about an hour's walk from Neston Station).
- 3 St Mary's and St Helen's Church. Church ddating from 1170s rebuilt by J. Francis Doyle in 1874–75.
- 1 Nicholls Ice Cream, The Parade, Parkgate, ☏ .
- 2 Mr. Chow's Chinese restaurant, The Parade, Parkgate, ☏ . An up-market Chinese restaurant, with fantastic food and excellent service. Views of North Wales across the Dee Estuary. Book early.
- The Village Chef, 32 Town Lane, Little Neston, ☏ . 11:30AM - 1:30PM, 4:30PM to 10PM. With over 26 years experience, The Village Chef offers exceptional service and delicious takeaway food. The menu is one of the largest in the area, ranging from traditional fish and chips to a great range of Greek dishes. Meals from £5.20.
- 1 Harp Inn, 19 Quayside, Little Neston. CH64 0TB, ☏ .
- 2 Hinderton Arms, Chester High Road, ☏ .
- 3 The Boathouse, 1 The Parade, Parkgate, ☏ .
- 4 The Old Quay, The Parade, Parkgate, CH64 6SB, ☏ .
- The Wheatsheaf, Neston Road, CH64 4AP, ☏ . Not to be confused with the Wheatsheaf Inn which is within a couple of miles
- 1 The Ship Hotel, The Parade, Parkgate (35 minutes walk from Neston station), ☏ .
- 2 Thornton Hall Hotel and Spa, Liverpool Rd, ☏ . £90+.
- Heswall also provides a quiet, attractive view along the River Dee. Ten minutes by car.
- Central Wirral is the rural interior of the peninsula. Ten minutes by car.
- West Kirby and Hoylake each have excellent stretches of beach, with views across to North Wales. There is also a 52 acre marine lake at West Kirby, which has sailing and windsurfing. Twenty minutes by car.
- Ellesmere Port is twenty minutes by car.
- Wrexham is thirty minutes by train.
- Head to the North Wales coast, through Deeside and Flint, to Prestatyn and Rhyl.