Rickmansworth is a small town in Hertfordshire, its hinterland includes Chorleywood and the largely suburban Maple Cross.
Rickmansworth itself, is the administrative centre of the Three Rivers District, so named after the confluence of 3 rivers within Rickmansworth's borders (rivers Colne, Chess and Gade, together with the Grand Union Canal).
Chorleywood is dual centered, with a predominantly rural common, and expensive properties aside the main (Amersham) road, most of the town being on the Western side of the railway in the valley.
Rickmansworth is on the A412, and A404 (Signposted from M25 J18)
- 1 Rickmansworth Station, Station Approach, WD3 1QY. Served by both National rail services between London Marylebone and Aylesbury (Chiltern Railways) and the slower but more frequent London Underground Metropolitan line service between Baker Street and Amersham.
- 2 Chorleywood Station, Station Approach, WD3 5ND. Served by both National rail services between London Marylebone and Aylesbury (Chiltern Railways) and the slower but more frequent London Underground Metropolitan line service between Baker Street and Amersham.
- National Cycle Route 6. Runs from London to Lake District through the town
- National Cycle Route 61. Runs Maidenhead to Hertford through the town.
The Grand Union Canal passes to the South of the town.
The Centre of Rickmansworth is relatively compact, and can easily be walked, some outlying attractions or venues , will need an extended walk or bus journey.
- 1 Three Rivers Museum, Basing House, 46 High St, WD3 1HP, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 14:00-16:00. Local history museum, in Basing house (a former residence of William Penn.)
- 2 Chenies Manor House, Chenies Manor House, Chenies, Buckinghamshire, WD3 6ER (103 bus from Rickmansworth Station to the Garden Centre, and approximately 15 min walk to the house.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Wednesday and Thursday: 2-5pm. (April 3rd to October 31st 2019). Grade 1 listed Tudor Manor House. The gardens are noted for their tulips. Adults £9, Children £5.
- 1 Watersmeet Theatre, Watersmeet, High St, WD3 1EH, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Small town theatre and arts venue.
- 2 The Aquadrome, Rickmansworth Aquadrome, Frogmoor Lane, WD3 1NB, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Local nature reserve and aquatic park next to the Grand Union Canal and River Gade, contains 2 lakes on which a variety of wildlife can be seen.
- 3 Chorleywood Common. Take a walk on a semi-wooded common, that has varied chalk grassland, and trees. As long as the bye-laws are respected, the common is reasonably open to visitors.
The main shopping area is concentrated on the High Street.
There is an M&S food hall at the Western end of the High Street.
- 1 Pennsylvanian, 115–117 High St, Rickmansworth WD3 1AN, ☏ . M-Th 08:00-00:00, F Sa 08:00-23:30, Su 08:00-22:30. Pub & Food
- 1 Post Office, 64 High St, Rickmansworth WD3 1AA. M-Sa 09:00-17:30.
|Routes through Rickmansworth|
|St Albans ←||N S||→ Uxbridge|
|Amersham / Chesham ←||W E||→ West London → Bloomsbury-Camden|