South South Nigeria is a region of Nigeria composed of the following states: Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, and Rivers.
- Agbarho — centre of the Agbarho kingdom, and home of the Urhobo tribes
- 1 Benin City — one of the oldest cities in Nigeria, dating back to pre-colonial times
- 2 Calabar — a charming city that is one of the oldest trading centres in Nigeria
- 3 Port Harcourt — a gulf city that is the centre for the oil industry in the country
- 4 Warri — a major city for crude oil industry
- 1 Okomu National Park — a small fragment of the rich forest that once covered the region, and is the last habitat for many endangered species
This is where the oil wealth of Nigeria originates, which has led to environmental degradation of its extreme south in the mangroves, rivers, and swamps facing the Atlantic.