The primary and most convenient point of airline entry to South Whitehall and Lehigh Valley is Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE IATA). Various airlines operate out of this airport. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL IATA) is a major international airport that is about 70 miles away. Since it is a hub for several national airlines, it is easy to obtain non-stop flights to Philadelphia International compared to ABE and usually cheaper.
South Whitehall is not a walking town.
If you don't have a car of your own, the easiest way to get around is by LANTA (Lehigh And Northampton Transportation Authority) Buses.
There are several covered bridges in South Whitehall Township.
- Lehigh Valley Mall, Rts. 22 & 145 N. (Route 145 N./MacArthur Road exit off Route 22), ☏ . Anchored by JCPenney, Macy's and Boscov's and includes over 140 stores. Indoor and outdoor shopping. New outdoor stores include Coach, Barnes & Noble, and Apple
Other Lehigh Valley locations
- Allentown - home of Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - 2 miles
- Bethlehem (Pennsylvania) - home of the Sands Casino Resort - 10 miles
- Easton - home of The Crayola FACTORY - 18 miles
- Bangor (Pennsylvania) - 32 miles
- Emmaus - 9 miles
- Fogelsville - 11 miles
- Nazareth (Pennsylvania) - 16 miles
- Hellertown - 14 miles
Regional cities and locations