- Cardston - Small town in the foothills best known for its carriage museum and Mormon temple.
- Crowsnest Pass - Southern Alberta's gateway to the Rockies.
- Fort Macleod - Jumping off point for Head Smashed-in Buffalo Jump, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lethbridge - Third largest city in Alberta and center of Southern Alberta. It has a pretty river valley and variety of attractions.
- Raymond - Located south of Lethbridge on Highway 52. Raymond is known for its annual rodeo and its large Mormon population. Raymond High School is known for its sports achievements in basketball, Canadian football, and women's rugby union.
- Waterton Lakes National Park - A true natural gem in the Rockies in Alberta's extreme southwest. It is connected to Glacier National Park in Montana to form Glacier-Waterton International Peace Park.