Should Saint Martin and Saint Maarten have their own articles or two? Or one article for the island in general and two for the countries? I'm not sure, but I did make a redirect from Saint Martin/Saint Maarten to this article for now. (WT-en) Maj 14:09, 10 January 2007 (EST)
- I don't believe it's necessary, as the the two Parts make only one Island.(WT-en) Claire Renton 18:52, 15 February 2008 (GMT)
- I don't think it needs to be two articles, however seeing as this is a Travel Website and most tourist enter and stay on the Dutch Side of the island, The article should be called St. Maarten / St. Martin.
- They don't so much as have a central office on the island, so I've removed the listing per Project:External links. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 16:23, 10 August 2009 (EDT)
Suggest someone knowledgeable revise entry about casinos under "Do" to reflect a more factual discussion, and revise inaccurate statements, e.g., casinos are found on both ends of the island. Current content reads like an advertisement, and tour guides during several visits there state that there are no casinos on the French side. —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- There are no Casino's on the French Side as yet. —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) Hpqt (talk • contribs)
Someone should monitor the legal status of the government of Dutch side of the island. Online news articles indicate Sint Maarten will become an independent country Fall of 2010. John Henne - email@example.com
Fixed 1 Feb 2011. (WT-en) hennejohn 1030 EST 2 Feb 11
Why redirect "Sint Maarten" to "Saint Martin"?
Why is a search for "Sint Maarten" redirected to "Saint Martin"? It should be the other way round; the French name should be redirected to the Dutch name. As most tourist stay on the Dutch side, the Island is internationally more known by its Dutch name than it's French name. It smells like a case of French favoritism. I think we should reverse the name redirect 184.108.40.206
Listed night spots were poorly written commercials. Have edited them while trying to retain essential facts. (WT-en) hennejohn 1115 EST 2 Feb 2011
Would suggest this article now qualifies for a higher rating...perhaps not yet a "Guide Article". (WT-en) Hennejohn 14:57, 22 September 2011 (EDT)
- Almost! Region guide status, though, depends on the articles below it, and two of the three city articles are still at outline status. To get Philipsburg and Marigot up to usable status would not at all be hard—they would each need basic "get in" info, as well as a listing or two in both the "eat" and "sleep" sections. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 16:51, 22 September 2011 (EDT)
Yes, there is a Marigot (city) on the French side of Saint Martin. But the current link provided points to Marigot on Dominica. Have removed the link. Regrets, but I'm unqualified to provide meaningful content for what's needed. Hennejohn (talk) 19:44, 4 January 2015 (UTC)