To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
- I second Peter's "thankyou" - you've been making useful changes to articles I watch. (WT-en) Andyfarrell 13:06, 26 October 2009 (EDT)
g'day, g'day, g'day... inneresting inversions of the logic we use over at en or commons - some very inneresting stuff, enjoy the new incarnation - dont to forget to say where youve been on your user page sometime.. cheers for the mo (ive decided to use my nickname some others have used for me... sats - it seems to be easier to cope with than the full javanese version) sats (talk) 09:27, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- yup sure got the discussion going - good that they are coming out and showing their true colours - the nominations list was looking boring for a bit... :) - yeah there are more weasels and other gremlins in some of the stuff I have had a quick look at while doing some welcoming - than you could poke a bazooka at.. cheers for the mo sats (talk) 10:58, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
You're a copy editing Star!
|The Special Barnstar of appreciation|
| is awarded to Graham87 for tireless and accurate copy editing over many years |
- I've noticed that you are probably one of the best grammarians on the planet (cheeky grin)!
- Yes, this award was well deserved - I've noticed your eagle eye, too... --W. Frankemailtalk 11:08, 13 September 2014 (UTC)
Okay, let's try fixing this misunderstanding...
Hello Graham87, I'm an Italian user. I've noticed that you have reverted my edits in the Wikipedian page about Nic(c)olò Paganini, and then you even blocked my IP range for a year. As I've just said, this was all produced by a misunderstaiding. In that page, the phonetic transcription of his surname was [ppaga'ni:ni]. Why a double [p]? In Italian P is just P, which is different from PP. An example? The word "pappa" (baby food) is pronounced exactly ['pappa], with a single P at the beginning and a double P in the middle. Check here: DIZIONARIO ITALIANO OLIVETTI. It was a mere error, which I tried fixing. But you restored the error and treated me as a vandal. Also yours was an error, and I'm not angry with you for that, we're all humans and we all err... But you reverted my edits "assuming my bad faith", and without knowing Italian language as I do, didn't you? Well, now that I've explained you the reasons for my edit, now that I've clarified this issue about Italian phonetics, I hope you'll restore my edits and unblock my IP range. I'm not a vandal, I just want to contribute, in my little, to emprove this encyclopedy, for exemple by correcting such rare errors.
Thanks for reading so far :-) 22.214.171.124 06:54, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
- 126.96.36.199, Graham87 has been confused, that's all. There's another editor (I think) who keeps changing an aspect of the Paganini Wikipedia article (putting down a citizenship instead of nationality) again and again, and Graham87 has kept reverting their edit. He thinks you're the same person as the one who kept changing the Paganini article, and that's why he blocked you. Selfie City (talk) 18:03, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
- @SelfieCity: No, that's not it. There's an IP vandal on the English Wikipedia who changes Italian IPA to their own idiosyncratic system, and that's who it is. I can't find the reports about them (I've searched around) but I know they exist. Graham87 (talk) 00:37, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
This has become literally "kafkian"... Well, I've replied in my unblock request page explaining why I'm not that user either... Really, "kafkian" is the word, this must be a bad dream... 188.8.131.52 07:38, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
Semi-protect your page?
- @Selfie City: Sure, thanks; the IP edits on this page are only disruptive, and none of them are in good faith. Graham87 (talk) 14:55, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
An award for you!
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|For your numerous copyediting here. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 05:19, 8 May 2021 (UTC)|