To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub tagging → Article status
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!
- @Ypsilon: Thanks for the welcome! It's cool that you al have a welcome for wikipedians; reminds me of meatball:MeatballForWikipedians. I don't travel much, but I hope I'll travel interwiki more often! Wugapodes (talk) 20:05, 1 April 2020 (UTC)
- I did not realize until a few minutes ago that there was an April 1 page here. Too bad, who knows if I will still be around for the next one - but I sure hope so. Ottawahitech (talk) 15:46, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
In the pub, I gave you a link with instructions about what you must do when you add pagebanners. Make sure that, if you add pagebanners in future, you afterwards add each banner to Wikidata according to those directions. I'm happy to help.
I've already added your page banner for Eastport (Maine), so you don't need to worry about that one.