Wakefield is a city in Massachusetts.
Wakefield, Massachusetts is a scenic town 10 miles north of Boston. Wakefield has preserved much of its historic New England appearance and is recognized for its strong community involvement, quality school system, thriving businesses, public library, and for beautiful Lake Quannapowitt, which plays host to countless outdoor festivals and benefit activities each year. Walkers and joggers circle Lake Quannapowitt's shores year round, and in the warmer months, boaters set sail from the nation's oldest inland yacht club.
By Plane Accessible by flights into Boston, which is only a fifteen minute car ride. Or a ten minute train ride on the commuter rail.
Logan Airport Boston, Massachusetts
By Car Wakefield is located directly off on route I-95. The town spands from Exit 38 to Exit 42. Any of the five exits will take you into the center of town.
The easiest way to get around is by car. There is no public transportation. If you are active, a bike is also a good choice.
Wakefield is home to the beautiful Lake Quannapowitt. The lake is a total of 3.5 miles in circumference, which makes it ideal for the deily run or walk. At the head of the lake, there is Wakefield Common, complete with a park and a gazebo, where many events, such as concerts and Independence Day festivities, are held.
Col. James Hartshorne House
Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, MA, the Colonel James Hartshorne House was built in 1681 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Throughout its life it has served as a private residence, a tavern, and even a tenement for icehouse workers for the adjoining Morrill-Atwood Ice Company.
- Breakheart Reservation, 100 Hemlock Rd, ☎ . Open year-round, dawn to dusk. Breakheart Reservation is a 640-acre hardwood forest with jagged, rocky outcroppings, two fresh-water lakes, and a rambling section of the Saugus River. Fishing in Silver and Pearce Lakes, hiking the trails and birdwatching by the Saugus River are popular year-round activities. The supervised swimming area at Pearce Lake, one of the few fresh- water swimming spots north of Boston, draws crowds in the summer.
- Kippos Roast Beef, 117 Water St Wakefield, MA 01880.
- Dockside Restaurant Wakefield, 1099 Main St., Wakefield, MA 01880, ☎ .
- Sheraton Colonial Boston North Hotel & Conference Center, One Audubon Road, ☎ . Sheraton Colonial features meeting space capable of accommodating 450 people and 280 guestrooms with HD flat-panel televisions, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding and Shine by Bliss bath products.
- Clarion Inn, 595 North Avenue, Wakefield, MA 01880, ☎ , fax: +1 781 245-2904. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Formerly the Best Western Lord Wakefield Hotel, the Clarion Inn features meeting space capable of accommodating 100 people and 87 guestrooms. The Inn is situated on the shores of Lake Quannapowitt.
|Routes through Wakefield|
|Peabody ← Lynnfield ←||N S||→ Reading → Weston|