▼ California (10 C, 13 P)
► Bay Area (5 C, 6 P)
► Central Coast (California) (6 C, 10 P)
► Desert (California) (3 C, 11 P)
► Gold Country (7 C, 7 P)
► North Coast (California) (6 C, 7 P)
► Sacramento Valley (7 C, 6 P)
► San Joaquin Valley (8 C, 7 P)
► Shasta Cascades (6 C, 10 P)
► Sierra Nevada (4 C, 8 P)
► Southern California (5 C, 8 P)
The California Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to California. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for California
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on August 12, 2018 for the first section, August 2018 for the lower section.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
I would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get a "Sleep" listing and content in the "Get in" of every article.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Sonoma Valley region or city or probably an extraregion?
Towns that are important enough to have an article before the region can be considered for usable status:
- To complete regions:
Article ideas and requests
- Idea: Add BART and Caltrain to Template:Routebox templates for applicable cities in the Bay Area. —Granger (talk · contribs) 19:38, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- Recheck usablecity without Sleep listing
- Recheck usablecity without Eat listing
- usablecity without See listing
- usablecity without Do listing
- usablecity without Event listing
- usablecity without Drink listing
- usablecity without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom
- Articles with dead external links
- Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed
- Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- guidecity and starcity Listings without coordinates
- guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used, Tel: used, phone: used and + used