Here we collaborate on future discover facts that are featured on the Main Page (and on the Discover page).
- Keep it short and snappy: no more than twenty words, please.
- [[Link]] any place names.
- '''Boldface''' the fact of interest.
- The articles don't need to be perfect, but preference should be given to those with a status of "usable" or higher.
- The article linked to must contain the fact in question.
- Relevant images are optional but welcome, ideally once for every three facts. They should be placed above the fact in question, with the following formatting:
[[Image:imagename|right|100px|description]] The interesting fact linked to this image goes here.
- Updates are automatically handled by Template:Discover daily and each Discover entry is displayed for three days.
- If the box above is empty, it means that the template has ran out of entries. If this happens you can add new entries from the nominations below. Any entries that are added to the template should be removed from the nominations list.
- If you are unsure about how it works, feel free to try out things in the Discover sandbox first.
- When the entry's sojourn on the Main Page is over, it should not just be deleted from the template but also added to the Discover archive.
Add your entries to the end of this list. Do not leave any space or other commentary between entries. However, feel free to rearrange the list, because geographic variety in what's displayed is good (e.g. if the next three items are all from Asia, it's good to intersperse something from Africa, Europe or the Americas).
- Since its opening in 1998, Skytrax has named Hong Kong International Airport the world's best airport eight times.
- Madeira Casino (pictured) in Funchal, the only casino on the island, was designed by Oscar Niemeyer who also designed much of Brasilia.
- Most sites in Egypt offer a hefty 50% discount on entrance fees for holders of the International Student Identification Card (ISIC), or the teacher equivalent.
- Known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes, Minnesota technically has well over 15,000.
- In Melbourne centre, a number of intersections require drivers to perform the infamous hook turn (warning sign pictured).
- At about 1,700 m above sea level, the airport in Samedan is the highest in Europe.
- Frankfurt airport has two railway stations.
- The Arkansas State Capitol (pictured) in Little Rock occupies the former site of the state penitentiary.
- Ooty was founded in the 19th century by the British, and served as the summer headquarters of the Madras Presidency.
- The Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is responsible for an amazing 11% of the Bahamas' GNP.
- Albany (pictured) is the longest continually chartered city in the United States.
The articles linked in from the entries below need to be improved before they're ready to go. Plunge forward, edit them, and move to the main queue. If you move trivia to this list, please provide a reason for doing so.
The following calendar-related items are "ready-to-go" criteria-wise and should be moved to the main queue at a date appropriate to the trivia featured: