Royston is easily accessible by rail (on the Kings Cross/Cambridge line) and has good road connections north/south on the A10 and east/west on the A505.
There is a bus service round the town - the number 16 bus links various locations such as the train station, the town hall and the local supermarket to the residential areas of the town approximately half hourly  [dead link], though it's not that big a place so you can walk wherever you need to go. There are also buses to other nearby locations
18 Royston to Buntingford - 7 times a day during the week, with connections there to Hertford 
90/91 Royston to Letchworth via Baldock - 3 times a day during the week 
127 Royston to Guilden Morden - 5 times a day during the week 
There is also an express coach run by National Express that links Royston Tesco to Luton Airport, Hemel Hempstead, Heathrow Airport and Cambridge. Tickets for this service are limited and best booked online. This service runs 9 times a day, 7 days a week, but does not run from the Town Centre. 
The train station in the town centre has trains that will take you to Cambridge, Ely and Kings Lynn, as well as Letchworth, Hitchin and Stevenage on the way to London and (occasionally) further to Gatwick Airport and Brighton
- Royston Museum.
- 1 Royston Cave. Open to the public during the summer on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday afternoons.
- 2 Wimpole Hall and Home Farm, Wimpole Estate, Arrington, SG8 0BW (8 miles north of Royston), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 200 year old working farm and historic country house. See rare breeds of sheep, historic farming methods in use today, and wander through the landscaped country park. Particularly popular during the March/April lambing time.
- Therfield Heath. An unspoiled area ideal for walkers, runners, etc. on the western edge of the town. Contains wide variety of plants and is the centre for the town's rugby, cricket, hockey and running clubs.
Shop in the high street with some delightfully old fashioned stores, alongside some modern chain stores. Nothing as big as M&S but you can get most things in the town if you look. The town centre also offers a bakers, "Days" and Butchers, "Knibbs" as well as a "Morrissons" supermarket, all of which are located within walking distance of each other.
There is also a market held every Wednesday and Saturday, as well as an occasional Farmer's or Italian market.
There are plenty of places to eat in addition, food is usually available in the public houses.
- The Royal Bengal Tandoori Restaurant, 55 High Street.
- Ashiana Spice Indian Restaurant, 7 Baldock Street.
- Massala Indian Takeaway, 73 Kneesworth Street.
- Mughal Kitchen Indian Takeaway, 7 Kneesworth Street.
- Ashiana Indian, 7a Baldock Street.
- The Royston Tandoori, 4 George Lane.
Fish and Chip Shops
- Fish 'n' Chick'n, 17-21 Kneesworth Street.
- Master Fryer, 15 Angel Pavement.
- Mulan, 11 Kneesworth Street. Peking Szechuan Cantonese
- Rasa Sayang, 26 High Street. Chinese & Malaysian Cuisine
- Wing On. Chinese Takeaway
- Lotus House, 25 Market Hill.
- Palazzo, 41 Kneesworth Street.
- Thai Rack @ Glass House, 29 Kneesworth Street.
- Lumpini Thai & The Jockey, 31-33 Baldock Street.
- Coach and Horses
- Old Post Office
- Old Bull Inn
- Green Man
- Boars Head.
- Heath Sports Club on Therfield Heath.
Rooms available at The White Bear public house and at The Green Man.
- Cambridge Motel (approx 3 miles north of Royston on the A10). provides accommodation and can cater for events, such as weddings, company parties, etc.
- Bull Inn.
- Banyers Hotel.
Bed and breakfast
- South Farm. High quality bed and breakfast.
|Routes through Royston|
|Cambridge ←||NE S||→ Buntingford → Hertford|